• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017

Iaconagraphy

New-Bee
Finally got my submission in, only to discover that it's showing up as "Image 0023", instead of the title which I triple-checked I had actually typed. :/ Oh well, hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here! As a chronic birder, as well as a digital artist, this is absolutely the coolest competition out there!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All titles now appear in Submittable as the number in which they were submitted. Not sure why that's happened. But, this is why I suggest people check their submissions once they have been uploaded to the Open Rendering Season gallery. Most filenames are similar enough to what the title is supposed to be, but a few filenames have been completely different.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving the entries, and welcome to HiveWire, Iaconagraphy!

Iaconagraphy

New-Bee
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've actually been a lurker for about three years now (this is my third Open Rendering Season), but it's nice to finally come out of the shadows and meet folks! :)

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Great images, but... I can only view very small versions of them, even if I klick on the full size media button. Am I missing something obvious there?

Roberta

Eager
Great images, but... I can only view very small versions of them, even if I klick on the full size media button. Am I missing something obvious there?

Some time ago I had asked the same thing and SatiraCapriccio answered me:

"Before uploading to the galleries, all images are resized. Otherwise, images quite frequently exceed the gallery upload limitations. There appears to be a rather generous submit limit as it's not uncommon for Monthly and Contest submissions to be in the 2-8 mb range.

Judging will be on the actual submissions, not from the galleries."

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A really nice group of entries so far this year. Glad I'm not going to have to judge. ;)