• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Best of luck, everyone!

Every year I try to give a hint to those participating in the contest about what the judges will be looking for. If you look at the past 10 years of prize winners, it should be fairly obvious.

This is not one of the usual 3D art contests. Judges were selected from outside the 3D art community and thus are less likely to be drawn to the 'usual' 3D popular themes (fantasy, sci-fi, anime). That's not to work that some of the themes haven't won prizes before, but again, the judges are from Audubon. Their interests tend to lean towards birds, nature and conservation.

TheKatster

Motivated
Is it just me or is there only two images in the contest album? Mine was submitted on the 6th and hasn't shown up yet in the contest.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Please be patient :). One of our wonderful community volunteers uploads these as she is able to do so. It will be uploaded - looking forward to seeing it!!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Is it just me or is there only two images in the contest album? Mine was submitted on the 6th and hasn't shown up yet in the contest.

They manually have to add them from the submission area to the gallery. In past years, the gallery gets updated every 4-7 days and much more frequently as the deadline approaches

TheKatster

Motivated
.Oh, OK, thank you for your prompt reply. I'm looking forward to the new submissions because the two that are in there now are wonderful. Thank you for all your work on these competitions.

Roberta

Eager
I have some albums where I organize my "uploads".
I have not yet uploaded the image for the "Contest", and I do not know where to upload it...
Thanks for help!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We just heard back from our contact at Filter Forge that they will post this contest on their Facebook page and on Twitter this coming Friday.

Yay!!

So look for that to happen. We'll link to it as well, and share the posting.

Grateful to Filter Forge for their support of this contest. Wonderful.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We also heard back from Smith Micro today that they'll support this contest also.

We'll see them donate software and they'll also post on social media. More details to follow.

Yay to Smith Micro!!!