• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hehe..... yeah oops I typed too fast in a hurry trying to get out the door with my niece ...... Angle cats ......... LOL Well, they are rather angular in general.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've used Arki's Malaik wings on both humans and horses and they've worked out beautifully. Only wish they came in colors that blended with things like CWRW's horse textures.

Maybe someday someone will bring out some tillable textures that can be scaled and used on wing feathers and other wing parts. Most wing models do have different matt zones, so something ought to be doable.

Both RawArt and Midnight Stories have wing sets designed to be used on various models, too.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Good to see you in here now that Lisa's opened things up a bit on the forums. Thanks for joining in again. Thanks for your thoughts on the big cat. Things are starting to come together for it now. Hoping to announce shortly our plans for the texture mapping and who will be doing that for us.

Soooo... Laurie Prindle and I had a good long discussion today. Laurie is clearing her plate to work in some textures for our Whisper, Mule deer family, Thistle and others. But she also is very very passionate about big cats as you've seen from her imagery she's posted here. A big hallelujah to Laurie for her willingness to tackle the maps for our Big Cat!!!!! Yay!!! This is exciting news. The best cat will have the best rig from Paul, and the best maps from Laurie/CWRW/Prindle!!!

Exciting news to share for sure. Thank you Laurie, for being awesome and for your willingness to provide killer maps for this new creature.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Soooo... Laurie Prindle and I had a good long discussion today. Laurie is clearing her plate to work in some textures for our Whisper, Mule deer family, Thistle and others. But she also is very very passionate about big cats as you've seen from her imagery she's posted here. A big hallelujah to Laurie for her willingness to tackle the maps for our Big Cat!!!!! Yay!!! This is exciting news. The best cat will have the best rig from Paul, and the best maps from Laurie/CWRW/Prindle!!!

Exciting news to share for sure. Thank you Laurie, for being awesome and for your willingness to provide killer maps for this new creature.
Hallelujah!!! WoooooHooooo!!! WOOT!!! :bounce: :snoopydance: :happyflip:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Whoohoo!! Glad Laurie agreed to do the big cats!!

Hey Chris,
Not sure how this will set with you, but my neighbor across the road has some African antelope. Scimitar Oryx and BlackBucks you already have the deer how far would it be to make antelope? All I have to do is walk out my front door about 45 feet across the road to take texture reference photos. I would be happy to share them with Laurie.

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Whoohoo!! Glad Laurie agreed to do the big cats!!

Hey Chris,
Not sure how this will set with you, but my neighbor across the road has some African antelope. Scimitar Oryx and BlackBucks you already have the deer how far would it be to make antelope? All I have to do is walk out my front door about 45 feet across the road to take texture reference photos. I would be happy to share them with Laurie.

Love your thinking. So many projects... so little time.

With the Big Cat coming out the popularity of the Mule deer and other North American type deer will be great with the mountain lion and others. But the antelopes and gazelles with be great for the lions and tigers. So we do need to consider it for sure. As far as the morphing, it wouldn't take but a day or two from the Mule deer to some of the antelope breeds, then add in a bit more for the antler modeling. The bigger issue then would be working in the map work.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love your thinking. So many projects... so little time.

With the Big Cat coming out the popularity of the Mule deer and other North American type deer will be great with the mountain lion and others. But the antelopes and gazelles with be great for the lions and tigers. So we do need to consider it for sure. As far as the morphing, it wouldn't take but a day or two from the Mule deer to some of the antelope breeds, then add in a bit more for the antler modeling. The bigger issue then would be working in the map work.

Oh, this might be a good time to indulge my hobby!!

I know it probably wont be right away, but shrug still wont hurt to have some nice photos for texture reference on file.
Yeah, the Blackbuck horns are really interesting looking! Not saying that the scimitars aren't they are just really kewl looking spirals.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Thanks Chris!

Yep! Long before I got into horses I was obsessed with the big cats- most definitely lions!- when I was a kid. May have been because of Aslan:) I pestered my mom to no end when they finally opened Park Safari in Quebec when I was a kid.:) And here was one of my fantasies complete:)

Laurie

llplion.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Chris!

Yep! Long before I got into horses I was obsessed with the big cats- most definitely lions!- when I was a kid. May have been because of Aslan:) I pestered my mom to no end when they finally opened Park Safari in Quebec when I was a kid.:) And here was one of my fantasies complete:)

Laurie

View attachment 1779

what a beautiful photo! so happy you are doing the cat maps! :snoopydance: