• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What I worked on today

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've found out for myself that materials for clothing and such don't look much different between FireFly and SuperFly. The big difference is in human and animal skins, and to some degree metals, wood, etc.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thansk!
I'm going to post in the ZBrush forum shortly about how I made the bow. It might be helpful to some of you.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Yes, I've found out for myself that materials for clothing and such don't look much different between FireFly and SuperFly. The big difference is in human and animal skins, and to some degree metals, wood, etc.

Yes the difference was subtle, more in the colour intensity than anything else.

Here is the thread on how I made the bow: How to make a Bow (for a hat or clothing) in ZBrush, with pictures

Most of you know how to do that stuff anyway, this will only help those new to ZBrush.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Looks great on both of the renders. You might hit the Superfly with a rim light and bring out the details a little more. Still Gorgeous and very sophisticated!!

Yes I actually turned off the rim light just to keep the number of lights down and speed the render time. I should have kept the lights really.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I hope you will open a store here Bonny. I'd buy that hat, I think it's gorgeous! Included a bunch of morphs and fits for various Dawn characters like Diva and you will have a great seller. Maybe a matching handbag as a set?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks all, but I don't think I'm ready to be a vendor just yet as I can't prep or rig for Poser or DAZ. Also I don't have a bank account or paypal, can't have one until I'm 17 I think. But for now I can have fun making stuff and learning more with no strings attached.

Dylan

Eager
I believe you can have a student account at 16, but you need to apply in-branch and have a parent with you to sgn a consent form. That's how I remember it anyway. A student account would be ideal as you won't get hit with transaction fees until you reach the age of 18. In the meantime, you could see about setting up a store account here and do freebies until you get more experience.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I was also thinking about a bank robbers outfit for Dusk. Like a stocking mask first, which would be very easy to make.
Zorro could be cool!! =)