• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Last Stand
Space Marines besieged by Genestealers
Caption
TITLE: "Last Stand"
MEDIA: "Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 1990 & 2005
BACKGROUND:

**A Memorial Day Tribute**

I am uploading this out of sequence to honor all the brave men & women who have paid for our freedom with their blood, their tears, and their lives over the last two centuries.

This image was created with a combination of a Number two, hard lead pencil, and a .05mm core Technical Pencil. The image was created on a fine tooth drawing surface, 20lb., Loose Leaf, Typing Paper. The orriginal image is 8.5 x 11 inches. This image was first started in 1990, in high school, and was greatly inspired by the game "Space Hulk" just released by Games Workshop at that time. It sat, unfinished, embedded in the pages of my Warhammer Rogue Trader book for over a decade. When I stumbled across the work early last year I could see it had merit despite it's age, and decided to finish it off. While not my best work, I am quite pleased with the end result, and believe it is difficult to see where work was originally halted, or where I switched from No. 2 to Technical pencil. I do consider it a work worthy of my overall portfolio and gallery.

P.S. This was inspired by a converted miniature diorama I made using the plastic Genestealers from the Space Hulk boxed game, and the Plastic MK6 Space Marine "Beakies" that were in production at the time. If I ever find what I did with that min-diorama I'll snap a picture of it and link to it
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata