• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Inside the Ray
Calista inside the cockpit of the Shiane Ray
Caption
Calista climbed the access ladder leading to the roof hatch of the Shiane Ray, a design choice she did not like as it made entering and exiting the craft awkward. From the outside, the cockpit did not look too bad, but once she lowered herself into the flight seat she found it a bit claustrophobic. The cockpit was jammed full of all manner of controls, switches, and levers, and had she not been studying the layout for weeks in anticipation of this moment, it would have all been overwhelming. There was no forward view screen either, just layered armor plating, but three large monitor panes rose from the control boards, linked to external cams. She adjusted a few dials and controls that adjusted the armatures of the flight chair to her proportions, and changed the viewing angle of the monitors to her personal tastes. She closed the exit hatch, which brought up the eerie reddish safety lights, which contrasted sharply with the green and blues of the instrumentation and radar panel. She ran the computers through the preflight systems checks, and examined the ordinance lists and flight plan. Finally she was ready to take the craft out.
"Flight Com, this is Warhawk Actual requesting clearance for launch."

I actual built the pilot chair and control layout for the Shiane Ray first, then built the craft around it. I also spent a while setting up the cockpit lighting - and - well, I felt the need to show it off. Some work was done in post to add some sharper edges and stylization to the visualization. I want to get a look that isn't too realistic, and doesn't look like that fake cartoon filter commonly used in AE and Photoshop.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Falling Stars
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata