• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Beasts Of Burden
Alien Riding Beasts
Caption
TITLE: "Beast Of Burden"
MEDIA: "Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 1990
BACKGROUND:

This is a conceptual sketch of a riding/draught animal used by military forces on other worlds. This is a Caprica-Raptor, being ridden by a colonial marine armed with a Laser rifle. This riding beast would be used primarily in desert and arid climates, as its reptilian nature makes it ideally suited to high temperature. It is one of my older works, and I no longer feel it suits my gallery, still I want to share it, so I am placing it in scraps. It was inspired greatly by the movie "Heavy Metal" and the game "Warhammer Rogue Trader", and I think it demonstrates that feel well.

This work was created entirely with a number two, hard lead pencil. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, found in a leatherbound, eight an one half by elleven inch, Tara sketch book...As always. I feel this piece is somewhat significant because it is one of the early few where my own distinct style was breaking out and beginning to really show in my work, in the method of shading. I have evolved vastly since then, but it is still a quaint piece.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata