• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Arachid Cannon On High
Alien Bio-Artillery
Caption
TITLE:"Arachid Spore Cannon on High"
MEDIA:"Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 2004
BACKGROUND:
Just finished this nasty nasty beasty. This was created with a combination of technical pencils, and Prang colored pencils. The image was created on a medium tooth drawing surface, found in a leatherbound, Tara sketchbook (as are most of my works). The original image is 8.5 x 11 inches. This work was first started a few years ago, but I kept putting it off. I decided to go with a slight touch of color, but only a touch, to give it a more haunting and surreal look. I thought about adding some blue to the sky, but decided against it, as I thought it would be overpowering.

This is a Bio-weapon beast of the Arachid's (an alien insect race for a science fiction game I was working on). It was greatly inspired by many sources, including the novel "Starship Troopers", and the game system "Warhammer 40,000". All in all, I imagine this thing standing 2.5 to 3 meters tall, maybe the size of a 5 ton truck (like a u-haul).
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata