• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm liking that shirt. Not just for the sheerness of the material but that it looks like it has the proper wrinkles in the proper place. Of course I love everything Poser and 3D but if I have complaints it's the lack of wrinkles. I collect 3D Kimono's and getting the proper wrinkles in place is more of an art than a process.

Oh and who doesn't like bikini's?

The wrinkles in the right place are one of the benefits of using dynamic and if the cloth simulation is not spot on you can always use the morph brush to smooth things a little.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think I have some g3 figures, but I have never loaded them. I haven't bought anything from daz in years and I know nothing about the current version of daz studio. I am 61, I have bought everything ever made for the version 4 figures and have yet to use even half of them. I have everything I need to create nice art work for the rest of my life how ever long that might be. My big goal is to get out of this PC and into a mac, largely to avoid windows 10 and its monthly or yearly subscriptions or any software that is going to charge a monthly fee...Glad to meet you and to know a fellow old timer...

I have a similar view, I have purchased some scenes from Daz but never bought into the figures after V4. I have enough V4 content to last me to the end of my days, however long that might be, although most of it will be worn by Dawn. I am another that has no wish to move to Windows 10 and I am looking at Linux and Mac as another option for when the PC either dies or becomes too outdated.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
51 myself and have a fairly large library hoarded (sales, PC and such). :) I think that if Microsoft keeps trying to force upgrading to windoze 10, that I'll move to Linux for my own taste.

Those allow you to autofit Gen4 clothes to Genesis 3 figures (which are the Genesis 7 figures, G2 = M6/V6, Genesis =M5/V5) :)

I have them, I found, but don't know how to use them/have never used them, don't know where to find them. Are they non-user facing? Do they just "work"?

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
All you have to do is load any clothing outfit with Genesis 3 selected. When the autofit dialog shows up, you get more options, instead of just "unsupported" figures, you get them all. Alternately, you can load an outfit, and then "fit to" Genesis 3 in the parameters tab.

I'm on the same page as Carey. Had the millenium 4 characters and tons of stuff for them a long time. The way I see it, those characters took things as for as it could go. Then maybe too far and the Genesis characters are a giant step backward. I still use A3 sometimes, if unusual proportions are needed. My 'Midge' character is made using A3. My little family of characters that I created using just the base morphs of mil 4 characters are Kevin, Lonnie, Louise and Lynn. Their my 'kids' and I'm commited to them.
What I really value here at HiveWire are the animals. Never found any really good animals until I discovered HiveWire. I love animals and birds. So those are the characters I'll be getting here.

The drum throne is done now, and some work on the cast aluminum material. Still not just right though. Hard to get that look.

scatha

Adventurous
I do most of my work in DS with the Genesis 3 figures, they bend much more natural. While I agree the face should have had more polys to work with, I do enjoy the figures. The most versatile figure however remains Genesis (original) as it is non gender specific. (and actually higher poly) But it seriously lacked vendor support due to being uni-sex. :(

@StudioMartillo , looking good those drums, and in iray we have tons of shaders to solve the materials. ;)

Thanks scatha. I use only firefly, which as far as I know doesn't include materials. I have them in Lightwave layout, and can apply them to the original props, but it doesn't transfer over to Poser.
Anyway, it's all fun. The cast aluminum bits just need to be a bit more grey, with larger highlights.

Lonnie hardly ever smiles, but he's smilin' today 'cause his new drumkit is finished.
All he needs now are some sticks and brushes. Then he can help me get the Jazz Kit tested,
and I'll do some touch up on materials, and the set will be available in my gallery.
If you've ever played drums this set will be fun because everything works!