• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking that shirt Hornet. The transparency looks good too, as that would make it a nice piece of beach clothing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't have G2/3F so that wouldn't be of use to me. I haven't upgraded my DS past 4.0 Pro, so the original Genesis is the only one I can play with, besides my generation 4 characters.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Slight variation on the shirt, increased the transparency so that the string bikini can show through.

View attachment 23822

I'm liking that shirt. Not just for the sheerness of the material but that it looks like it has the proper wrinkles in the proper place. Of course I love everything Poser and 3D but if I have complaints it's the lack of wrinkles. I collect 3D Kimono's and getting the proper wrinkles in place is more of an art than a process.

Oh and who doesn't like bikini's?

Carey

Extraordinary
I'm liking that shirt. Not just for the sheerness of the material but that it looks like it has the proper wrinkles in the proper place. Of course I love everything Poser and 3D but if I have complaints it's the lack of wrinkles. I collect 3D Kimono's and getting the proper wrinkles in place is more of an art than a process.

Oh and who doesn't like bikini's?
The base outfit is called magus available at daz for V4, but I should tell you Nothing I use is stock, I rework almost all textures and I mix and match outfits and here the outfit she is wearing is a mixof three different outfits. I know all to well of which you speak, been doing this for some twenty years and many of the things I have in my libraries are pretty much un-useable by today's standards... Thanks for enjoying my work all.

Carey

Extraordinary
The base outfit is called magus available at daz for V4, but I should tell you Nothing I use is stock, I rework almost all textures and I mix and match outfits and here the outfit she is wearing is a mixof three different outfits. I know all to well of which you speak, been doing this for some twenty years and many of the things I have in my libraries are pretty much un-useable by today's standards... Thanks for enjoying my work all.
Also I use the burn and dodge brushes to add variation...

scatha

Adventurous
I don't have G2/3F so that wouldn't be of use to me. I haven't upgraded my DS past 4.0 Pro, so the original Genesis is the only one I can play with, besides my generation 4 characters.

I stopped upgrading at 4.8, have no use for a company-controlled DRM (daz connect) that could basically be (ab)used to ransom your purchased content. We kept getting told no info would be sent to daz itself, but ever since the new management advertising for sales became muddy.... and up to the client to figure out. Not to mention the ever rising prices, having to pay extra for textures that used to come with the product. This greedy mentality is what made me leave their forums (and their heavy censoring of ANY critique with bans).

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I only use DIM for downloading. I never use it for installing, and I'm not sure how much of the older content is now Cloud Available. I thought most of the G2/G3 items, and anything made around the same time-frame, would fit in that category, but not necessarily the older content.

Since getting back into Poser, however, I rarely use DS, and if I do, it's usually DS 3A, not DS 4.0P. I just got sick and tired of seeing the same old thing updated for a each new character, the Morphing Fantasy Dress being a prime example. I wanted to see "new" things, and I wanted them available for both Poser and DS. DAZ's decision (and that of their prime PAs) to go DS only was the last straw for me. I hardly ever visit their forum anymore, and if I do it's only in the Bryce forum.

Carey

Extraordinary
I stopped upgrading at 4.8, have no use for a company-controlled DRM (daz connect) that could basically be (ab)used to ransom your purchased content. We kept getting told no info would be sent to daz itself, but ever since the new management advertising for sales became muddy.... and up to the client to figure out. Not to mention the ever rising prices, having to pay extra for textures that used to come with the product. This greedy mentality is what made me leave their forums (and their heavy censoring of ANY critique with bans).
I think I have some g3 figures, but I have never loaded them. I haven't bought anything from daz in years and I know nothing about the current version of daz studio. I am 61, I have bought everything ever made for the version 4 figures and have yet to use even half of them. I have everything I need to create nice art work for the rest of my life how ever long that might be. My big goal is to get out of this PC and into a mac, largely to avoid windows 10 and its monthly or yearly subscriptions or any software that is going to charge a monthly fee...Glad to meet you and to know a fellow old timer...

Carey

Extraordinary
I only use DIM for downloading. I never use it for installing, and I'm not sure how much of the older content is now Cloud Available. I thought most of the G2/G3 items, and anything made around the same time-frame, would fit in that category, but not necessarily the older content.

Since getting back into Poser, however, I rarely use DS, and if I do, it's usually DS 3A, not DS 4.0P. I just got sick and tired of seeing the same old thing updated for a each new character, the Morphing Fantasy Dress being a prime example. I wanted to see "new" things, and I wanted them available for both Poser and DS. DAZ's decision (and that of their prime PAs) to go DS only was the last straw for me. I hardly ever visit their forum anymore, and if I do it's only in the Bryce forum.
I hear you, let the young kids have daz studio for as long as they can afford it, I have a feeling that for a long time to come there will be much less money available for young kids and us for that matter to pay with....

quietrob

Extraordinary
I hear you, let the young kids have daz studio for as long as they can afford it, I have a feeling that for a long time to come there will be much less money available for young kids and us for that matter to pay with....

Never discount the young. They have a way of rising to the occasion.

Carey, if you're from the USA, I have a feeling you and I watched Romper Room about the same time. (That woman never did call my name in the magic mirror)

I still like DAZ studio when they include Poser items. They are always well made though extremely rare these days. However, I do see which vendors abandoned the Poser users along with DAZ. Strangely enough I don't buy from those vendors anymore. I can still convert DAZ duf files into PP2 but those items are few and far between. With G3, they chucked the entire user base out of the window. I was part of that base. I stopped going to the forums long ago. That is a shame too because they had some really helpful people over there. But who wants to be a black cat with a white stripe down it's back at a polecat party? You know how that is going to end. I can't blame DAZ for wanting to make a buck...but did they have to break the hearts of so many people to do it?

And don't discount the baby boomers either. We're older and have more insurance.

scatha

Adventurous
I think I have some g3 figures, but I have never loaded them. I haven't bought anything from daz in years and I know nothing about the current version of daz studio. I am 61, I have bought everything ever made for the version 4 figures and have yet to use even half of them. I have everything I need to create nice art work for the rest of my life how ever long that might be. My big goal is to get out of this PC and into a mac, largely to avoid windows 10 and its monthly or yearly subscriptions or any software that is going to charge a monthly fee...Glad to meet you and to know a fellow old timer...

51 myself and have a fairly large library hoarded (sales, PC and such). :) I think that if Microsoft keeps trying to force upgrading to windoze 10, that I'll move to Linux for my own taste.

I'd like that one explained too.

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Male(s) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Those allow you to autofit Gen4 clothes to Genesis 3 figures (which are the Genesis 7 figures, G2 = M6/V6, Genesis =M5/V5) :)

Last edited: