• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
It was not so much stupid to bring such a big ship this close more utter madness, then again it had been madness to 'borrow' it in the first place. In different circumstances she would have chosen something smaller but this class of ship was the only one equipped with a med bay suitably advanced to keep Turlough alive and deal with any possible complications. Happily both the force-field and the shielding were vastly more advanced than this world tracking systems so she was confident she would remain undetected. There was however no defense to something flying into it and other craft crashing from the sky having a mid air collision with 'nothing' tended to raise many questions. She had chosen a place with a very sparse population and at a height that the risk was reduced but, flying this low, hitting something before she could maneuver was still a very real danger.

Fact was she was here now and she needed to identify a landing site for a shuttle and then get back into geostationary orbit where collisions were a little less likely.

Captains Room HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I do enjoy your space renders Hornet, but I think this last one is my fave (I do have a thing for birds of prey, especially owls tho :p)

Thanks, glad you like it.

Same here, I love birds of prey and we have a hawk center about two hours drive from here which we go to quite often. Owls are my favorite and a few years ago they did a special flying demonstration at night with a selection of the owls it is one of my fondest memories. What I did not appreciate until that night was just how silent these birds can be when hunting.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh yeah, they are deathly quite :D We have a bird show at the sanctuary near us and they flew a few different kinds of birds overhead then the let an owl go from behind and people were ducking when they saw the shadow as the didn't hear it like the other birds. This was one of the others, how pretty is this Black Buzzard (ignore other bird on the right :p)
Black Buzzard & Rae Sml.jpg
(thumbnail so just click to view larger)

Hornet3d

Wise
oh yeah, they are deathly quite :D We have a bird show at the sanctuary near us and they flew a few different kinds of birds overhead then the let an owl go from behind and people were ducking when they saw the shadow as the didn't hear it like the other birds. This was one of the others, how pretty is this Black Buzzard (ignore other bird on the right :p)
View attachment 22218
(thumbnail so just click to view larger)

They are both beautiful but one looks slightly more friendly.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think one of my favorite visits to a zoo was when some of my family were living in and around San Diego. I haven't been there in years, but the two things I remember most about the San Diego zoo was the fence-less exhibits (the animals live in a "natural" habitat), and the huge bird aviary.

The birds were all flying around freely, as there were a number of large trees inside, and a lot of them were walking around on the same paths the humans were. I almost walked on the feathers of a male peacock as he waddled down the road in front of me. I hadn't seen him when I turned away from watching some other birds who were in cages. Nearly scared the wits out of me, and I'm not sure what would've happened if I had stepped on them. ~cringe~

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Tribute to Kan Gao's beautiful mini game, story, and music. It's a story that blurs the line between reality and imagination, as seen from the eyes of a child. Lasting for only about an hour, and without any dialogs, this short game tells us the story about a lonely boy, and how friendship can come in unexpected ways if we are open to it. Figure is Nearme, paper plane was modeled in 3DSMAX, and rendered in Poser with Firefly.

ABirdStory_1080.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm really digging Vampirella and that big moon. I remember reading Ororo's debut issue. In the midst of so many heroes, it's always good to see her.