• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Product Submissions, Terms Of Service, and Gallery Submissions Updates

MrPoser

Inspired
Wow.. this is a surprise move.... very appreciated from this customer. I hear Dusk has his fingers crossed and hoping for an update:)

Darryl

Adventurous
The update sounds good though I appreciated your efforts in keeping this site from sliding down the slippery slope toward vulgarity. Very difficult in this day and age. I think your galleries have been higher quality because of that.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
*mops the floor up* from all the gooie slippery frosting from all the cake we have been eating.... Don't gall on your bum! :laugh:

eclark1894

Visionary
Genitals

We at HiveWire 3D want to keep our website and its content family-friendly and acceptable to a broad audience. To that end, HiveWire 3D will not allow products that are represented beyond what is considered tasteful nudity. This means that we will allow a character product that has nude texture maps of external genitals, but for example, they cannot be displayed or presented beyond what one might find in a college figure painting or drawing class. Any product submitted to HiveWire 3D must not include any details in the OBJ mesh that would not be considered tasteful, this includes image textures or material settings. We also will not accept genitals that are displayed or modeled to be anything beyond what would be considered normal, or relaxed or flaccid. Any extremes beyond this will not be allowed for sale, or free download on our website. You may provide this to any interested customers outside of the HiveWire 3D website on your own. HiveWire 3D will not provide a link of any kind to such extreme products of this nature.

Promotional Images

This is the only portion that I feel needs a bit more clarification. While I will concede that the majority of users will use the genitals erotically, there are medical and educational uses as well that would be affected by this rule. That does bother me a tad.

I would like to add that I have seen clothes for V4 and others (though not at Hivewire) that actually trouble me more than viewing a naked Dawn.

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
This is the only portion that I feel needs a bit more clarification. While I will concede that the majority of users will use the genitals erotically, there are medical and educational uses as well that would be affected by this rule. That does bother me a tad.

I would like to add that I have seen clothes for V4 and others (though not at Hivewire) that actually trouble me more than viewing a naked Dawn.

One of the reasons I don't like to shop much at Renderosity, even though they have some great content, is I feel like I have thong shots constantly in my face. It's kind of interesting in this field that most of the time the content that has the Adult Content warning, is just a naked body to show the full skin mats, usually without any excessive posing. But so many of the clothed renders at Renderosity are clearly meant to be suggestive.

Which is why I can see it being tricky as a company to draw the line in what you want to allow. Nudity may or may not fall under the 'adult content' category, depending on how it is handled. I appreciate HiveWire being willing to try and evolve on how they handle this. I'm not by any means a prude, and I have nothing against people wanting to make erotic images, I would just like to be able to look for clothing items without feeling like I'm in 'girly magazine' section of a newsstand.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, we're aware some folks may produce medical imagery. Believe me... I've created my share over the 14 years creating imagery for college level textbooks with McGraw-Hill. But there is such a small need for that with this community. If more modeling or morphing was required to fit the need for a "medical market", we'd establish a category for that and price the products accordingly.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's kind of interesting in this field that most of the time the content that has the Adult Content warning, is just a naked body to show the full skin mats, usually without any excessive posing.
Exactly! The one nude render I ever did, which is up in my gallery at Renderosity, was to do just that. A friend had done a character skin, for V3 IIRC, which had beautiful scroll work all over the body, so putting her in a bikini bathing suit would've spoiled the effect of the scroll work, so I added the word "nudity" on the thumbnail I had uploaded with just her head and shoulders showing.

Unfortunately, now that Renderosity has changed their gallery software, the so-called "thumbnails" are only reduced sizes of the actual render, which unfortunately doesn't give anyone a warning there's a nude render on that page. ~shakes head~

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I think though, I need just a tad bit of clarification regarding posting renders. Nude renders are acceptable as long as these areas are not on display?

Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.
By that I mean, we should pose the figure in such a way these areas are concealed by other parts of the body or behind integral parts of the scenery rather than adding concealing text boxes in post work?

How did you get to be so wise? Your posts about this stuff and about the statues in that thread seem to be on the mark!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I don't know if I'm all that wise.

But ... I've lived more than half a century! There has to be some plus side to being over a half century!

I've also always been a voracious reader, which exposes you to so many experiences. Even if they only take place in your head.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I have to admit I don't read much in the way of books or newspapers. I read tons of everything on the web, but never ever pick up a paper read except for schoolbooks and sometimes a woman's magazine I find in my Mums newspapers. She is 48 and still buys them. The problem I find with print stuff is that it is already out of date by the time we read it, compared to stuff on the web that is always up to date.