• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mermaid For Dawn

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Not that I have seen, Cajun and I'm the supreme freebie junkie. I would have snaffled one up as quick as if I'd seen one. Hopefully someone else knows where one is lurking and we can both grab it.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Not that I have seen, Cajun and I'm the supreme freebie junkie. I would have snaffled one up as quick as if I'd seen one. Hopefully someone else knows where one is lurking and we can both grab it.
I hope so too. I would be down with that for sure!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One day if I ever finish it I have one that's a wip...
mermaid first render.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I remember that one Pen. Yes, you'll need to finish it at some point. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...still need to do lots of work on it. I need to learn to do rigging from scratch also as this is one thing the transfer utility won't work for.
In regards to fitting the other tails the main problem would be fitting it to the figure Cajun. It would need to match around the abdomen and hip area. I've done it with one of the older ones but I used the clone I made. Two points when fitting in DS. Don't forget to use a smoothing modifier if you can as that will fix a lot problems as it provides collision. Also push modifiers when dialed in around .03 can work really well, I discovered that they can also push in as well as out if you use negatives.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Thanks...still need to do lots of work on it. I need to learn to do rigging from scratch also as this is one thing the transfer utility won't work for.
In regards to fitting the other tails the main problem would be fitting it to the figure Cajun. It would need to match around the abdomen and hip area. I've done it with one of the older ones but I used the clone I made. Two points when fitting in DS. Don't forget to use a smoothing modifier if you can as that will fix a lot problems as it provides collision. Also push modifiers when dialed in around .03 can work really well, I discovered that they can also push in as well as out if you use negatives.
Ooh thanks for the tips. I know I will need them one day, maybe sooner than later since I've been back to pushing boundaries again.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Anything special I have to do for it to work?

I just moved it into place… I I think I may have scaled, no wait I think I actually used the dials that are in it just said it a little better around the waist . it's been such a long time since I tried itI've forgotten , I'm sorry . just bring it into this scene, do not conform, and trends XYZ it into place …

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, and I'm definitely going to have to try that out for myself, as I have that old mermaid set.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just wanted to add that having attended a webinar recently on rigging in DS I now know how to rig this so it's no longer on the back burner and hopefully I'll get chance to finish this soon. At this point I'm not sure if it will be a freebie or a paid for product.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Just wanted to add that having attended a webinar recently on rigging in DS I now know how to rig this so it's no longer on the back burner and hopefully I'll get chance to finish this soon. At this point I'm not sure if it will be a freebie or a paid for product.
I can do some promos for you when you get it finished.