• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Howy2012

Motivated
Thought I'd try something reminiscent of an old children's book illustration...

cg hwc 2.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B, its an Iray render and the only light is a night HDRi. I think the "fireflies" kinda add to it and I did make the eyes emissive otherwise they wouldn't show up.
I also duplicated the layer in photo shop and made one light and the other contrasty so it was darker and put the darker one over the top and erased around the cats so they showed up better (I did want an overall dark shot but that gold leo at back really needed to be lightened to show up)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B, its an Iray render and the only light is a night HDRi. I think the "fireflies" kinda add to it and I did make the eyes emissive otherwise they wouldn't show up.
I also duplicated the layer in photo shop and made one light and the other contrasty so it was darker and put the darker one over the top and erased around the cats so they showed up better (I did want an overall dark shot but that gold leo at back really needed to be lightened to show up)
To tell the truth Rae, I had to scroll back up now and find the golden Kitty. I hadn't noticed her/him at first, so yes s/he would've been totally lost if you hadn't done that. Nicely done.