• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I just saw it up in the store along with CWRW's texture. It is so beautiful! A must have for my runtime.

sandman_max

Ooo yes please!
Oh wow! Between this (folded ear morph) and "where's my canned food" snarl, I'll have my old outside Geezer cat. Now if we can just convince somebody to make some Dynamic hair for them (aka Tiny's Fluffy Cat), we can have long hairs, too. THAT would be totally awesome!!

sandman_max

When I saw the original preview that still had the leopard paws, my first thought was DRAGON! I wants lion paws for my dragons. Everybody wants to put lizard feet or eagle claws, so of course... I want paws. The Drikkons sure are getting close... are we getting Drikkons, too?? (pretty please with a cherry on top?)

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
I'm sure there is an universal law of sort that says this kitty must have all kinds of versions of cute fur. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm sure there is an universal law of sort that says this kitty must have all kinds of versions of cute fur. :)

And another that says "Tiny will enchant us with it!" ;)

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Ohhhh, I almost didn't recognize you Tiny. Nice new avatar. ;)
Sometimes one must remind oneself who one really is. :)
First time I saw this image it was like seeing a long lost dear friend. Then I started to ponder why I felt that way and realized it exactly picture the person I am inside. If that makes any sense. :unsure: :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
And who am I to rebel against the universal laws.... :rolleyes:;)

Hee hee...we have her just where we want her !!

Ohhhh, I almost didn't recognize you Tiny. Nice new avatar. ;)

Wow - yes! I didn't recognize you either!!

Sometimes one must remind oneself who one really is. :)
First time I saw this image it was like seeing a long lost dear friend. Then I started to ponder why I felt that way and realized it exactly picture the person I am inside. If that makes any sense. :unsure: :)

Makes perfect sense - I like the "inside" you! But then, I did BEFORE seeing this ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got some interesting info from the DAZ Forums from someone that knows a bit about breeds, cats and dogs. She made it clear she would not be in the market for a kitty cat and pay per breed morph. She would be willing to pay for new mats. That the cat should have all the needed morphs built into the main figure. I tend to agree, there really isn't allot of difference in shapes aside from a few smooshed face sorts of looks and ear sizes. Dogs on the other hand, the poster mentioned, she would be willing to pay per breed because of the huge differences in size and looks of each canine breed. Makes sense too!

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
The separate breed morphs idea has worked pretty well for Harry the Horse. I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well for the proposed dog, as long as the price per breed wasn't too high. I mean, all the morph dials to achieve these different breeds would be in the base figure..what we'd be paying for is the texture files and the morphing work someone else has done to achieve the breed look.

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Got some interesting info from the DAZ Forums from someone that knows a bit about breeds, cats and dogs. She made it clear she would not be in the market for a kitty cat and pay per breed morph. She would be willing to pay for new mats. That the cat should have all the needed morphs built into the main figure. I tend to agree, there really isn't allot of difference in shapes aside from a few smooshed face sorts of looks and ear sizes. Dogs on the other hand, the poster mentioned, she would be willing to pay per breed because of the huge differences in size and looks of each canine breed. Makes sense too!
I agree.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yup and yup. The range of variation between breeds of dog more than justifies separate packaging. The scaling alone is probably going to require adjustments to the rigging, and the face shapes and body configurations are all over the map. Cats vary enough o be noticeable, but the differences are a lot more subtle. The coats and colors of both are enough of a circus to justify any number of texture add-ons.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, there certainly isn't the vast size variations in cats as there are in dogs. But, there are long bodied and short bodied cat breeds, slender body and stocky body, long legged and short legged cat breeds, narrow faces with muzzles, wide faces with and without muzzles, a dozen different ear types, and tails or no tails or partial tails. There are the "tiny" cats, like the Singapura which ranges from 6 to 8 pounds or the Minskin which ranges from 4 to 6 pounds. Then we have the Savannah which can reach 30 pounds, the Maine Coon (25 pounds for males), the Chausie (22 pounds for males), and the very long Norwegian Forest Cat (20 pounds for males).

I'd really like to have far more than a few basic domestic cat breeds, and if that requires HiveWire release separate breed type products, I have no problem with that.

Well, there certainly isn't the vast size variations in cats as there are in dogs. But, there are long bodied and short bodied cat breeds, slender body and stocky body, long legged and short legged cat breeds, narrow faces with muzzles, wide faces with and without muzzles, a dozen different ear types, and tails or no tails or partial tails. There are the "tiny" cats, like the Singapura which ranges from 6 to 8 pounds or the Minskin which ranges from 4 to 6 pounds. Then we have the Savannah which can reach 30 pounds, the Maine Coon (25 pounds for males), the Chausie (22 pounds for males), and the very long Norwegian Forest Cat (20 pounds for males).

I'd really like to have far more than a few basic domestic cat breeds, and if that requires HiveWire release separate breed type products, I have no problem with that.

What she/he/they said!!