• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Carey

Extraordinary
Well I think it is too tall and body a bit too long after studying it a bit. And I think the hind legs should be more like a tyrannosaurus hind legs so that it looks better when on two legs... I mean as long as input is asked for. But I want to be sure and say I am not saying anything is wrong...and while we are at it how about a a bigger chest....

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The chest should inflate once you get the S curve in the neck portion some after it's rigged.

Untitled-3 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Majestic!! The best word to describe it, and I like that type of pose for dragons. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I like that. Bob the Dragon. Hey, we have Harry the Horse so why not? Puff the Magic Bob... yea, sure, I can deal with that! :p:D:p

D

Deleted member 325

Some more morph ideas:
Waist/Abdoman:
• Elongated
• Narrow
• Potbelly (not my preferred, but have seen dragons depicted that way)
Hips
• Wider/Stockier
• Narrower
Chest/Shoulders
• Wider/Stockier
• Barrel Chested
Wing Dewclaw
• More Curved
• Broken

And, an odd request, if possible... A Hammerhead morph for the head... I think that would be very unique and cool... :)

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
How's about "Puff" for a name ? :) And honestly..I'd not worry yourself *too* much about exactly how he/she looks. Everyone has their own vision of what a *real* dragon should look like. As long as a comprehensive set of morphs are available to introduce variety, that's the main thing.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOVE THESE!!! I mean seriously love them !! All kinds of ideas !

Some feather like feelers instead of whiskers on the cat version could be an interesting twist.

I can see the Dragon Boxer being like Cerberus with three heads!

And the Komodo head, and half Chihuahua being an interesting new house pet or chupacabra

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
LOVE THESE!!! I mean seriously love them !! All kinds of ideas !

Some feather like feelers instead of whiskers on the cat version could be an interesting twist.

I can see the Dragon Boxer being like Cerberus with three heads!

And the Komodo head, and half Chihuahua being an interesting new house pet or chupacabra

Yes, yes. Love your ideas here right? Paul was saying the same thing about the Cerberus!