• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And another beak face with the thin smooth neck morph.

DragonWork85.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Doh! Right sorry forgot about it not being rigged yet! *head desk*

Yap size ratio is for sure a factor with where and how the rider is positioned on the dragon.

Yes, the Dinotopia pterodactyl riders tend to have their bodies positioned lying down with feet behind them.

I've been fiddling with this a little about the wing to the body attachment and think it might flow a little better. Though my muscle groups are off on the wing shoulder but there and where the membrane is attached to the body instead of making it straight against the body try sculpting it at an angle against the body. Sorry, probably should of drawn it on a sketch pad straight out as the picture. However, Ken might be the one to consult on the wing attachment.

horse black 82 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love the beak option!!

Can you also make the bottom portion of his chin pointy to go with the beak? That would be a different snout option!

Carey

Extraordinary
My big complaint about most dragons is they are not bendable enough. I envision dragons as almost part snake, that slither as much as walk and can almost make themselves into a coil like a cobra and with lots of parts on the body and head that bend, inflate for dramatic effect. Sort of like an umbrella cockatoo with their crest and mane up
Sugar-at-play-2.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Manticore? I would def explore that combo more. I don't think anyone has done a manticore!

Love the money pouch and short snout!! The no horns version looks really well for Dragons of Pern great sculpt there!

Looking really awesome!
I like the way the rear foot spurs look on this guy.

Back to Zan and Taji morphs!

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
Teeth...need some teeth showing...sort of smirky type, perhaps not too long, like an alligator smile... love the horns!!!!

Carey

Extraordinary
Maybe a sort of lose skin pouch hanging down on the throat and perhaps down the neck????