• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Good afternoon folks...got the time right this time :)

Was up late posing M3's in a boat most of the night, so getting a late start. So far, so good, but I serious doubt I'll be able to render this out including hair and clothing, since my system is starting to chug along. As long as I get the poses done, and a partial render, I'll be satisfied.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Afternoon Sky. Couldn't you do multiple renders and then composite them in Photoshop, or whatever 2D app you prefer?

skylab

Esteemed
I did think of that, but for a pose set promo, that would be a bit much to undertake. My primary goal is getting the pose set completed. I've done nine M3's, and working on the remaining two boat figures with M4 to give the user some options...so there's 11 in the boat, and then the two M4's out in the water, so the scene is technically as big as the Last Supper, so it's bound to stall out some. I'm saving the work very often, and have three backups in case anything gets corrupted during the save process...so I'm sorta at the tipping around stage, to make sure I don't lose anything :)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah...I just lost an hour's worth of work due to crashing out...that sounds like a lot, but it's to the stage where, when I move a body part, I wait several seconds before the body part responds and moves. So, considering that, it amounts to work done on one figure was lost. I've decided to ditch the clothing and opt for stone mats for the figures, since a lighter load will help me get through this. That's what I meant, at the beginning of the project, that we'd see how far I could get. It doesn't take too many times of losing work to become convinced of the limitations involved. Oh well....back to work :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a shame. I would be really nice to have them each dressed as you want them for the promo.se

I can empathize, as I've gone through similar issues over the years, and it always turns me off. I don't mind working to get something done, but it often takes time, so I work on something else in between.

I hope you get it done eventually.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, I'll get it done....already I have half the figures re-matted with stone, half to go. I'll try to do the figures in the water as a render, but the boat will have to be just a demo pic with the mats.

That's why I can't get too many big ideas that are more than my system can handle. If I had a super fast computer with lots of ram, then perhaps I could turn out some awesome stuff. But my goal with the biblical sets is to get the poses in the hands of younger folks, and maybe eventually they can do better than I could do. I can do small pose sets with no problem, and it is tempting to look back toward modeling, since it's so light on resources, and I wouldn't have to deal with the Poser and DS issues, or content, all that much. Oh well....back to work :)

Terre

Renowned
Cute find there. :)
Good news on my car. The part to fix a long standing problem with the dash lights is in and the shop can fit my car in on Thursday. Yay! Dash lights that actually work instead of turning on the flashers instead!

skylab

Esteemed
Finally...that part is about done...a few tweaks here and there if it will allow, otherwise, it's done. Time for some rest now...she you all later :)

DISCIPLES IN BOAT - POSES.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Glad you're getting your car fixed Terre...driving with no dash lights can be...ahh...a challenge...haha :)
Not knowing how fast you are going is not comfortable. Especially when driving through a residential area in the dark which has a speed limit of 25mph. Fortunately it's just before 5am and just after 9pm that I need to do so.

skylab

Esteemed
The boat poses couldn't be quite as expressive as I would like....my system was so jumpy, had to keep things in pretty much in orderly rows, with a few exceptions.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my, not even a flashlight would help that problem...well, glad you'll be driving safe soon. Guess I'd better go offline...I've been sitting in one position for hours, so time to stretch out for awhile. Catch you next time :)

Terre

Renowned
The boat poses couldn't be quite as expressive as I would like....my system was so jumpy, had to keep things in pretty much in orderly rows, with a few exceptions.
Some of the people you want to have this will learn to fiddle with such themselves and be able to improve on what you provided. :)