• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I think I may be discovering Seliah's problems with Poser crashing...all the robes have been working fine on other figures. However, I've crashed out losing everything three times trying to work with Dusk. Going to try to set it up one more time...

The katan worked by the way, but nothing gets the tassels under control so far, so I'm going to set that aside and concentrate on the outer cloak with the robe.

skylab

Esteemed
Finally made it...I either had to leave off the hair, or choose the cloak without hood option, so I took the latter. So the outer cloak will work with Dusk :)

DUSK GG ROBE with CLOAK TEST.jpg

Terre

Renowned
That it is. :)
My mother arrived yesterday afternoon and will leave Tuesday morning so I'm going to be out more than usual for the next several days. :D

skylab

Esteemed
This was an attempt trying a V3 dynamic robe on Dawn. Reminds me of when Carol Burnett did the spoof on Gone With the Wind...and came walking down the stairway wearing drapes with the curtain rod at the shoulders...and her punch line to Rhett at the bottom, "I saw it in the window and just couldn't resist". Haha.
This robe kinda looks like it has everything but the curtain rod :)

dawn v3 robe.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
You mean Carol Burnett, or Dawn? Haha... The Dawn V3 has potential, I just don't have a clue what to do with the shoulders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I meant the episode of the Carol Burnett show. ;)

I actually like shoulders. Yes they are "out there", as it were, but not because they were fitted wrong. It's just the style. Of course, from your point of view, that wouldn't be authentic for the time.

skylab

Esteemed
I just figured out what happened...user error...haha. I had forgotten that the previous robe had just disappeared from view, don't know what happened, but suddenly it was gone, so I loaded up the second robe...so the second robe was trying to mold to the invisible first robe, causing the shoulders to "curtain rod"...haha. Sorry. Here's the corrected sim...and looks nice for a V3 robe...with Dawn SE. It needs a little tweaking at the feet, otherwise it's fine.

dawn v3 robe corrected.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, that would work for some sci-fi stuff...well, now you know how to get the effect, just stick a rod at the shoulders, and then run the sim...haha :) The neckline is a little low for middle eastern clothing...in that culture everything must be covered modestly.

Now for the test run of the V4 version of the cloak on this robe...

skylab

Esteemed
Well, this did start out to be a good idea, but it kinda went south...fast...haha. Think I'll take a break now and see if a nap is even possible. Will try again later on this. See everyone later on :)

v3 mess.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, this did start out to be a good idea, but it kinda went south...fast...haha. Think I'll take a break now and see if a nap is even possible. Will try again later on this.

LOL - At least it's a kind of funny oopsie. :)

Had a decent however brief nap...phone woke me up, so I'm back at it.

Glad you slept well. Good luck trying on it again!

I have my Win7 updated to SP1. That's as far as I will allow it to update. Just enough that I can install the .NET 4.6 that my Corel requires in order to function. ;)

I'm re-downloading/installing P11 tonight... and re-installing DS 4.8 as well. Almost there. :D

skylab

Esteemed
Wonderful...glad to hear you're almost up and running Seliah. Yeah, some stuff does require SP1...but especially the in the last six months, half of the updates cause more problems than they solve.

And yeah, every now and again I do a doozie oopsie that's worth a good laugh :)

Started working on the Dusk shepherd pose, next to M4, and was curious about heights of the various figures that I regularly use...sure enough, Dusk is the tallest....so no wonder pose conversions for him may contain errors.

M2, M3, M4, DUSK, APOLLO HEIGHT COMPARISON.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I'm getting there. I've got all the drivers installed at this point. Starting to get software installed. And trying to track down why the stupid Aero transitions are so slow on the machine. It's a seriously noticeable lag whenever I minimize/maximize a window, and it is annoying the crap out of me, especially as I do a LOT of that when using a computer.

I also have to track down why the touchpad keeps moving my cursor all over the place when typing and randomly highlighting text/deleting text... I may just disable the stupid touchpad, to be honest. I use a mouse anyway, and if the touch pad going to misbehave, then it can go sit in the corner for a while! :roflmao:

Started working on the Dusk shepherd pose, next to M4, and was curious about heights of the various figures that I regularly use...sure enough, Dusk is the tallest...

Yeah, he is definitely the tallest of the bunch, by far. Do I see a Mike2 on the far left of the row there? And I'm guessing the figure on the far right is Paul? He doesn't quite look like Apollo to me?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
And yeah, every now and again I do a doozie oopsie that's worth a good laugh :)

Started working on the Dusk shepherd pose, next to M4, and was curious about heights of the various figures that I regularly use...sure enough, Dusk is the tallest....so no wonder pose conversions for him may contain errors.

I think the differences with the bones, specifically the pelvis and the toes tend to make a big difference as well.

As for fun mistakes, instead of doing a proper UV texture for this, I just chose a jpg image and it's bump and threw them in the material room. In the preview window it looked okay, although the weave was a little big. When I actually rendered, looks like she's wearing cardboard.

Oh, and here was the screen shot I mentioned earlier with the starting pose I used to drape her dress on the couch. I also translated the couch some over the frames to 'pull' the dress along and help keep it from clumping.