• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Using Poser Poses in DAZ Studio - Fixing hands and feet

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Most poses made for Poser will work just fine in DAZ Studio. Others need a bit of help :)

AdamR discovered this when converting V4&M4 poses to Genesis, and created a script that fixes weirdness with feet and hands that sometimes happens when bringing Poser poses into DAZ Studio. It works like a charm.

Here is a link to Adam's old thread about it at DAZ

DAZ 3D Forums :: View topic - AMR's Reset Genesis Hand & Feet Translation

And a direct link to the download:

http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/genesis/GnResetHandFeetTranslation.zip

You need to bring in the Runtime containing the poses as a Poser Format in DAZ Studio (or add them to one already there)

See this thread for help with this - as shown in the 2nd image, you will select Poser Formats rather than DAZ Studio Formats in Content Directory Manager:

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio | HiveWire 3D Community

One thing you can do to make it so you don't need to go back and forth between the Poser format section for the poses and the DS format section is to make a copy of Adam's files and put them in the Poser Pose folder with the pose sets that you find have the issue.

1-Create an empty text file.
2-Change the extension to .pz2.
3-Rename the with the EXACT same names as Adam's dsa & png files for the resets.

The little scroll shows you that there is a DAZ Studio file there which will be applied when you click the icon.

You can now use them right in the Poser format section.

AdamRScript-Poser.jpg

Here's an example of how this works, using the lovely Let's Dance Ballroom Poses for Dawn & Dusk by Pommerlis in our store. Many of these poses need the foot pose applied after you pose the figure but it's quick and easy.

legs.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This really does work. I've made custom actions with Adam's scripts and now whenever I have the incredible exploding foot but sometimes hand, click the relevant action in the script menu and, poof, explosion over and out.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're all welcome :)

Yes, it's a super helpful script Adam wrote!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
When you feel up to it, walk us through what you did and I'll see what's happening. I use this all the time and it really works well.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think it was the text files. I created some blank text files and renamed them the same as the .dsa files. but nothing happened when I tried to apply them. I may have misunderstood something because to be hones I didn't see what a blank text file was going to do anyway. I thought maybe it was some kind of DS trick.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
So...let me get clarification.

You have some Poser only poses and you want to just use them inside of DAZ Studio and are bringing them in via the Poser format section, right?

You have these files from Adam:

Fix Feet Only.dsa
Fix Feet Only.png

Fix Hands and Feet.dsa
Fix Hands and Feet.png

Fix Hands only.dsa
Fix Hands only.png

Create 3 new empty text (.txt) files.

Name them
Fix Feet Only.pz2 (ie change .txt to .pz2)
Fix Hands and Feet.pz2
Fix Hands Only.pz2

Place the .dsa, png, and pz2 files in the folder with your poses (or another one).

You Should be able to click on them and they will apply the fix.

Does that help? I edited the earlier post to maybe make it clearer that I'm talking about Adam's files, not the Pose files

Oh, and it IS a DS trick :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Earl, in the zip file is a read me and a script folder. If you unzip that into your DS runtime(most likely called My Library) you should in the ds section under scripts/AMR/GnHands and feet reset find 3 icons. There is one that will reset both hands and feet and one just for feet and one for hands.

Apply the pose to Dawn that you have made. With Dawn still selected choose which script you want to use by double clicking on it. It should automatically fix the problem with the hands or feet(or both).

There is no need to create blank text files or do anything else. The scripts should automatically do all the work for you.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So...let me get clarification.

You have some Poser only poses and you want to just use them inside of DAZ Studio and are bringing them in via the Poser format section, right?

You have these files from Adam:

Fix Feet Only.dsa
Fix Feet Only.png

Fix Hands and Feet.dsa
Fix Hands and Feet.png

Fix Hands only.dsa
Fix Hands only.png

Create 3 new empty text (.txt) files.

Name them
Fix Feet Only.pz2 (ie change .txt to .pz2)
Fix Hands and Feet.pz2
Fix Hands Only.pz2

Place the .dsa, png, and pz2 files in the folder with your poses (or another one).

You Should be able to click on them and they will apply the fix.

Does that help? I edited the earlier post to maybe make it clearer that I'm talking about Adam's files, not the Pose files

Oh, and it IS a DS trick :)

Alisa, I use these scripts all the time and I've never created empty text files...I just run the scripts with the figure selected. Why would you need to change them to pz2 files?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually do what you suggest in DS 3 Advanced Alisa, because there's no direct access to the Materials Library in that version, so having those blank pz2s makes it easier to access the material files. I've never done anything like that to run a pose, or pose fix, file.

eclark1894

Visionary
Alisa, I use these scripts all the time and I've never created empty text files...I just run the scripts with the figure selected. Why would you need to change them to pz2 files?
I think she was trying to keep me from having to go back and forth between the DS and Poser libraries.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah...I use categories so that I don't need to do that. But really it's quite simple to use the icons he's provided.

Have you managed to get them to work. I really would love your Dawn poses in DS format.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think she was trying to keep me from having to go back and forth between the DS and Poser libraries.
AHA, now that makes sense. I've just never tried it with anything but materials before, so wasn't sure if it would work.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE

Exactly, I don't use Categories. My instructions are for those who use the Content Library tab and don't want to go back and forth between the Poser Format and DS Format sections.

If you have Poser pz2 poses that you need Adam's Script for, it's just easier to have a copy in with the poses..or at least in the Runtime\Libraries\Pose\ folder