• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Using Poser Poses in DAZ Studio - Fixing hands and feet

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...and phdubrov is right they changed the name somewhere along the way as it used to be the My Library one. Where are the different sections actually located. I'm just wondering which items are in the My Library folder? Are they older items? Just trying to work out if it would be safe to move them into the other folder to simplify things for you...

eclark1894

Visionary
When I first started, I didn't know where anything went so I put both Dusk and Dawn in both libraries. I also found where I put those beach clothes for Dusk I made for Studio users. And the high chair I made for Luna. Except for some scripts like Move Up, Move Down, etc. Those are in the My Library one.

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Okay here's a screen shot of what I've got so far. I can find and load Dawn now with no problem. I can find and load Poses and clothing and props. And I can render. Can't fix them damn hands and feet yet though.:confused:

View attachment 6978

I use to load Dawn for Poser (.cr2) in DS and apply poses for Poser (.pz2) and then I save the poses in DS format (.duf). I load Dawn for DS (.duf) and apply the pose and all works right. The other way from DS to Poser I use the PFE plugin.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...so those could possible be moved to the other library I would do a back up of the file somewhere and then move them and check that they still work.

Nice to know that LeoLee thanks for the info...

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I don't remember why, but it is generally recommended that only DAZ products should go in "My Daz3d Library", and 3rd party (non-Daz) products should go in "My Library" or any other content folder. If I remember why or research it to find out I will let you know.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem...I'm not going to keep my Daz products separate as it will make it harder to find things. I'll be interesting in reading why that would be though.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hmmm, I've got everything in one library, will be interested in the why as well though have no plans to change anything.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I only have one runtime and organise inside DS using categories. I do have two Poser runtimes as I like to keep the Poser included content separate to my other Poser items. However inside categories it's all mixed up together. I 've not had any issues which is why I wonder why they advise you to keep it separate...Daz in a support role may prefer to have them separate so they can clearly say this isn't one of products it's not up to us to fix it. I would imagine they get a few support tickets for non daz products from time to time...but that is a guess on my part. It would be interesting to know what their stated reason is.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Also I use content sets feature for focused work
One of stated reason is DIM - don't mix fully managed parts with unmanaged as precaution - but never have problems with it. As stated I mean warning when add dir to DIM, not some clear words on site or forum.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah...fair enough. I use DIM but not for content that I've bought elsewhere only to download Daz content. It's a good system which is why I probably won't change to Daz Connect...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ugh. And this is why I don't do anything the way DAZ and DAZ Studio have "decided" is the way you should organize your runtime.

There is no need to have more than one DS Library that I can see, unless you are doing it for your own purposes to keep things separate.

I have ONE main (non HW) folder called DS (not "My Library", not "Content" not "Library"). Inside are ALL the folders..

data, People, Props, Shaders, Runtime, etc.

Inside Runtime are all my Poser items. Easy peasy.

What I do is when I install a new version of DS (current is 4.8), I temporarily rename my DS folder to DS hold and create a blank one called DS in that same location. I tell DAZ Studio that my main content folder is DS. It installs everything there.

Then I merge them (keeping the newest things if there's more than one version of an item) and rename the whole thing to DS. Works just fine.

Of course, I also don't use Smart Content and I don't let DIM install ANYTHING - just download it..so what I do won't work if you use those things.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
In some ways we are the same in that we both just have one runtime...we just install it differently and then I reorganise inside DS so my Poser and DS things are in the same area. I have many items that are Poser only or just have DS mats. I don't like searching through two sections to have to find things.

In categories I have it set up as

Environments/Exteriors/Landscapes etc...with names that make sense for me.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep. That's what I do - I completely rename folders and files. Which is a reason that DS 4.9 is going to be an issue for either of us....

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you rename in DS or in windows Alisa? I do it inside categories...I'm not sure whether that will cause me problems in 4.9 or not...but I really don't want to use connect.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I do everything in Windows Explorer. I know you use categories, so would be in better shape than I would.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...I think I'll still be able to use categories. I just hope they haven't changed them too much but from the sounds of things they haven't. I've got my Diva textures for DS to the testers and I'm hoping to do the same with the Poser ones sometime today. Once that is done I'll look at updating to 4.9.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Good luck. No way am I doing that unless it's on a second computer. Not giving up 4.8, so that likely means not putting anything til 5.0 on my main computer, where I can keep 4.8 as well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Totally understand that Alisa...I will be making sure I have a back up version of DS4.8 before I even download it.