• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I guess so... I haven't heard from Renderosity yet but it looks like the new files are in. I uploaded everything this morning and placed the new art/text on the store pages. Renderosity then replaces the product files with the new ones (some time it takes days). Pelicans (both versions) was also updated-- there was a some geometry issue inside the mouth. I'll make a formal announcement once I'm sure everything is in place

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My guess why "A Bird in the Hand" didn't show up as a new product is because of restrictions Renderosity has on how many new products I can release at the same time. It appears everything is up so I went ahead, set the a 2-week 30% introductory sale for those who don't have these.

Ken _Gilliland's Store on Renderosity

Attachments

• SBRM_BirdInHand-Main.jpg
    SBRM_BirdInHand-Main.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 141
  • SBRM_Motherhood_Main.jpg
    SBRM_Motherhood_Main.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 145
  • SBRM_Perching_Main.jpg
    SBRM_Perching_Main.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 135

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I really appreciate that... You'll find that while "A Bird in Hand" does a lot of more than the original did, it does require some work on the users part. Because it has a huge amount of options for what bird you can use (most are different sizes and shapes, add to that the wide variety of human models and shapes), and you'll find that the bird pose will only get you close to its goal... you'll have to fine tune it with trans XYZ to make it perfect with its human counterpart.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I can see that it does a lot more just from the promos. Yeah. getting close is as much as anyone can expect from pose sets. I can probably count the times I didn't have to tweak something on one hand.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
With me adding over 30 new parrots to the already crowded "Parrots and Cockatoos (Order Psittaciformes)", I'm considering sub-dividing it into groups. Currently, there are 126 species BEFORE adding in my two current Amazon Parrot sets. I thought I run my idea here and see how it fares, since many of my longtime customers frequent this thread. "True Parrots" (without a parrot type designation) would be left in the base folder but other parrots based on "types" would be sort into subfolders.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-26 095820.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-26 095820.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 151

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking at what I just posted, the Rainbow Lorikeets (and maybe the Lory) probably would fit in the "Parrotlets & Parakeets" folder. Some of the others might fit into "new" folders but I'm hesitant in creating a new subfolder for just one bird so I'm keeping them in the main folder for now.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So... I guess I'll go with this format... It's not ornithologically perfect, but it makes sense.

Technically, there are only three "super families" in the Parrot world: True Parrots, New Zealand Parrots and Cockatoos. I still feel that those divisions leave too many parrots in the "True Parrot" group, hence divisions into obvious groups such as Amazons, Conures, Macaws, and Parrotlets & Parakeets.

I'll eventually rework and upload the Renderosity files to work with these new folder assignments (it will take a while)... so in the meantime, here's the new places where everything goes... (if you want to do it yourself)

Amazons
Yellow-headed Amazons
and eventually my Parrots v5 and 6

Cockatoos
All cockatoos and cockatiels
Galah
All corellas

Conures
Golden Conure
Patagonian Conures
Sun Conure

Lovebirds
All lovebirds

Macaws
All macaws

New Zealand Parrots
Kakapo
Kea

Parrotlets & Parakeets
All parakeets
All budgerigars
Crimson Rosella
All lorikeets
All lories
All parrotlets

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a couple more images from my Amazon parrot sets... you should see v5: Amazons of the World Part 1 released soon and v6: Amazons of the World Part 2 mid October. All three images were created in DS using UltraScenery (first one: Mossy Hollow ecology; other 2, Martin Frost's great Tropics sets)

Attachments

• Amazons-Iray.jpg
    Amazons-Iray.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Cuban Amazons.jpg
    Cuban Amazons.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 140
  • St Vincent.jpg
    St Vincent.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 149