• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this???? Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Mayer weiner!:D
That is what I'd truly like to be-e-e-e, Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner,
Everyone would be in love with me!

1649459854055.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this????
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R,
My bologna has a second name. it's M-A-Y-E-R. I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why, I'll say...
"Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a!:D

1649461782945.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them??????This was a toughie for me. They weren't really active after I was born, but I did see them on tv in re-runs. Also, until I did the research, I didn't know there were five of them.
1649469188092.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember them??????This was a toughie for me. They weren't really active after I was born, but I did see them on tv in re-runs. Also, until I did the research, I didn't know there were five of them.
View attachment 73485
The Marx Brothers, Groucho being the second from the left. Groucho was the one seen most often on TV.

Oh, and there were only 4 of them, Groucho, Chico, Harpo and Zeppo.

Edited to Add:

Yes there was a fifth, Gummo, who was part of their early vaudeville act, but never went into the movies with the other 4, which is why I didn't remember him.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There were five originally when the act was back on the vaudeville circuit. Gummo dropped out and I think went into the business end of things.
Both Adolf (Harpo) and Julius (Groucho) wrote autobiographies. Harpo's was ghost-written, but an excellent read.

They were fairly late to film. Zeppo dropped out when he got visibly too old to be playing the juvenal lead. Quite a few of the films he was in had him playing the son of one of the others (usually Groucho). He was the youngest brother, but not *that* much younger.

Groucho stayed in the business longest, since he was hosting a television quiz show by the mid-'50s.

Actually, now I think of it, there were still cultural tags for quite a while longer. I gather that the "Lord Julius" in the Howard the Duck comics was a Groucho reference.