• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember her???? "It's not nice to Fool Mother Nature!"
1645720340980.png

robert952

Brilliant
Remember blanket forts????
View attachment 72695
Yep and so does my grandson. During a visit we built a blanket fort. (I just called it a tent.) Over the next several visits, the subject never came up. At some point my son dropped him off for a weekend stay. As soon as my grandson walked in he asked if we could built the tent again. (I mean he didn't even get his jacket off.

My son gave me a quizzical look. I explained that a couple (maybe three) months previous we did a tent in the living room and watched movies while in the tent. Neither of us knew why he suddenly remembered that event. But young children are like that. Something triggers a memory that becomes a temporary obsession.

Of course, we built the tent/fort again.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I used to hate Dairy Queen for cruelly tormenting small children… they would have commercials for it in NYC, but there were no Dairy Queens anywhere in the area… “Try this tasty ice cream treat!… HA-HA sucker! There ain’t none where you live! Haaahaaahaaahaaa!”
I don’t even think I’d have believed they were real if I didn’t go to one in Connecticut once.
In NYC and Long Island we had/have a chain called Carvel… it’s is mostly soft serve and ice cream cake based… when I was a kid they used to have TV commercials featuring the owner of the company touting their novelty ice cream cakes “Cookie Puss“ (which a local store once misspelled as “Cookie Pus”) and “Fudgie The Whale”… Tom Carvel was like 915 years old at the time and was more scary a spokesman than if they’d have chosen an actual brain eating zombie… to make matters worse, for two years after he died they kept airing the commercials with him.
We had Carvel in my area, too. Now, it's only in supermarkets in the frozen section. I don't know where the closest one is...perhaps in your neighborhood!

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
I learned to drive in a US State that even today has what they call "full service". It means you can't pump your own; some kid has to do it for you. Which, when you're headed out to eat is preferable. I think this is a "make job" regulation posing as a safety thing.

It's been long since I lived there. But I remember going off to uni and NOT knowing how to pump my own gasoline. I felt pretty stupid having to ask how.

I'm looking forward to having an electric car and leaving internal combustion engines in the same past as illnesses caused by evil spirits and a flat earth.

Hey, remember when the earth was flat?
The only place I consistently found a 'full service' gas station was in New Jersey. As of 2021, the 1949 law prohibiting the public from pumping their own gas is still on the books. Periodically, the state governing bodies in place introduce legislature to repeal the law. I am not sure why such never gets past. An article I found did indicates in some rural and tribal areas, the 1949 law is not enforced at all. And even in places enforcing the law, a state inspector has to see the violation and they tend to charge the owner over the offender.

As to the flat earthers, I have seen or heard a lot from them since 2018 or so. Around that time a group did an experiment to prove the earth is flat. The experiment failed because, well, we all know why. There's a documentary titled 'Behind the Curve' showing the experiment. A fun movie to watch if you get the chance.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this????
I used to work in a Kentucky Fried Chicken store. Looked just like this one. You wouldn't think that frying chicken was that labor intensive, but it is. :)
1645735383116.png

unreal

Noteworthy
As long as we're doing commercial characters... Remember him?????
View attachment 72708
For some reason, Mr Peanut always struck me as one of the weirdest things.

He was wearing tights under spats. He had a cane but did not seem to need it. And sported an old fashioned monocle and top-hat. How does any of that relate to peanuts???

What sort of drugs were being passed around the table at that marketing meeting?

It was one of those things that, as a kid I filed under "weird adult world stuff that makes no sense" along with "invisible old guy with long beard who watches you all the time"

McGyver

Energetic
We had Carvel in my area, too. Now, it's only in supermarkets in the frozen section. I don't know where the closest one is...perhaps in your neighborhood!

Dana
Probably… if all that dang water wasn’t in the way… actually there is supposed to be one in Wrentham (not to be confused with Waltham or Cannedham), in Norfolk… that might be closer to you and a drier trip.
They appear to be open until 8pm… so if you hurry you might make it.