• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Thanks @jartz and @estherau please drop in soon again to see the rest of it, as there is so much more , Dawn 2.0 is a fantastic base figure with unlimited possibility in creating endless characters , I working with it for over a year already and I am not disappointed , having a great foundation base figure is all you need , the rest is limited to your imagination . You can visit my workshop thread in HW forum to see where you can go with it. .

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Hello everyone , here some work in progress screenshots of the PBR textures and PBR eyes for Dawn 2.0 main base figure, it is not yet the final look , as eyelashes and lips maps need to be changed .. just a little WIP teaser for you .
The irises don't have any color textures so any color can be made by changing default color , the iris's dark ring is created automatics by the light corresponding to the iris color and always changing as in real eyes as the eyeballs have new PBR geometry shape , the Cornea materials use accurate IOR volumetric settings for the first time in DS without turning the eyes black what is the case with any other models. Most of the render use just 2 spot light for rendering and rendered with iray .
This is the main plain Dawn 2.0 Base face with the character/render presets "PBR Natural".
In the video above you can see the short video of the eyes movement and following automatic eyelids , Paul rig the eyelids so nicely that it change the shapes and lift up when it get in contact with the corneal bulge for natural movement and to avoid poke through what was always an issue in the past.

"Dawn of the New Year indeed "

I hope you like the progress :inlove:

Cath
Incredible!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay I'm starting to set up folders. Should they be HiveWire 3D > Dawn2 >Anniemation > clothing set

or

Anniemation > Dawn2 > clothing set?

I asked Renderosity and they it's up to HiveWire.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Okay I'm starting to set up folders. Should they be HiveWire 3D > Dawn2 >Anniemation > clothing set

or

Anniemation > Dawn2 > clothing set?

I asked Renderosity and they it's up to HiveWire.
What I do is HiveWire 3D>Dawn 2>Clothing>MEC4D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-19 124027.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-19 124027.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 119

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hello beautiful people, I played today with the facial rigging to achieve some different look of Dawn2 base , and here are the results , no extra morphs just facial rigging sliders , 2 panel lightings and all PBR materials .
Rendered with #Iray
" J'Adore " feel free to share or repost.

Dawn2_HW3D1_mec4d.net_gold.jpg

Last edited: