• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
So every spring it was kite Flaying time! :D Sometimes though either we didn't money to buy a kite or a telephone pole ate it. Guess what happened to the Sunday comics?:sneaky:
1637203483164.png
1637203666324.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember Dick Tracy and Peanuts, but Moon Mullins doesn't look at all familiar.

robert952

Brilliant
This ought to date me then. Remember the... MIMEOGRAPH MACHINE??? When you needed a copy... three weeks later! :sneaky:
View attachment 71526

I love the smell of mimeograph ink in the morning! Smells like Junior High School.
(Ok, today it would be Middle School)
I spent a class session 3 days a week as Principal Office Assistant and got to run the machine towards the end of the year.
I am beginning to realize that I didn't attend a lot of classes in 'Middle' and High School. That may explain a few things

eclark1894

Visionary
  • I remember that Duncan used to name it's yo-yos. The cooler sounding the name, the hotter the yo-yo.
  • The Imperial
  • The Sonic Satellite
  • The Butterfly
  • The BumbleBee
  • The Dragonfly
  • The Speed Beetle
  • The ProYo
  • The ProFire
  • The ProFly
  • The Mosquito
  • The Flying Squirrel
  • The Throwmonkey
  • The Flying Panda

robert952

Brilliant
  • I remember that Duncan used to name it's yo-yos. The cooler sounding the name, the hotter the yo-yo.
  • The Imperial
  • The Sonic Satellite
  • The Butterfly
  • The BumbleBee
  • The Dragonfly
  • The Speed Beetle
  • The ProYo
  • The ProFire
  • The ProFly
  • The Mosquito
  • The Flying Squirrel
  • The Throwmonkey
  • The Flying Panda
LOL...some sound like names out of the Kama Sutra.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Go fly a kite! :p Used to be a way to say, "Get out of here!" "Beat it!" "Scram!" Or other more crude expressions. Only it sounded a little more polite.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him?? Not funny, but true story, When I was a kid, my mother had to take me and my brother to a PTA meeting one Tuesday night. I know it was Tuesday because both Red Skelton and Jackie Gleason were on TV that night. Now mind, you, I didn't feel a thing, but several people swear they felt an earthquake that night. The newspapers did report one the next morning. Gleason was one of my favorite comedians, particularly in the Smokey and the Bandit movies.
1637298453481.png
1637298575977.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of which, this was THE car! I couldn't decide between this and Knight Rider! :D
1637298998813.png

Attachments

• 1637298916665.png
    1637298916665.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 110

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember this??? I never could figure this out.
I still have a Rubik's Cube, though it's miniature sized on the end of a key chain. Not the key chain I currently use, but I still have it here somewhere.

I usually figured it out, but sometimes it was easier than others.