• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semicharm

Eager
What Sunfire and Rhia said. At the very least, such a person would have to be thoroughly screened, formally hired as either a contractor or employee, and be able to handle the data in a secure manner, which almost certainly means on-site for something like this. Probably some level of licensing or certification would be involved.

I'm guessing that your IT experience has not been in the financial or medical fields. As a tax preparer, I deal with confidential information like this on a nearly daily basis.
Of course I'm not talking about getting a random stranger without any screening or verification. No need to jump to conclusions.

Semicharm

Eager
BTW, there are ways to handle these issues without handing over the entire data set or disclosing any customer PII for that matter.

DanaTA

Distinguished
BTW, there are ways to handle these issues without handing over the entire data set or disclosing any customer PII for that matter.
Of course! A copy of the database structure, and a set of test data with fictional names and data. All run on a development server, not on the production server! We're professionals here. Write the scripts/programs, run them to test. If it doesn't work as expected or the specs change (that happens a lot), truncate the table and start again. No real data used, so no real data lost. When it works as expected, move to the production server, using real data, run it. Done (in theory).

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Not a happy thought Stezza, but one of the main reasons I have a spreadsheet of purchases for every 3D related store I've ever shopped in.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Maybe it could be easier, especially for updates, if the former vendors open a patreon side and anyone can download the updates from there by paying a little fee for the tier level and of course send the vendors a list of the former orders from HiveWire. Then we and also the vendors could concentrate again on the new products at Rendo.

This is only a suggestion, but perhaps also an idea to end this end- and probably also hopeless story.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
And just to let you all know, I just got an email back from Renderosity. THEY ARE STILL working on this.

PLEASE do not write to them, complaining or asking when it will be done. I will keep you all posted as I hear anything.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I am unlocking the thread for a few days (maybe til Friday). If I start to get people complaining about the wait, etc, I WILL CLOSE IT RIGHT AWAY with no notice, so I appreciate your cooperation.

So, good news - It looks like the actual gifting of products is starting. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OVERNIGHT but it has started!

I have not been told by anyone at Renderosity about this..edited to add...I didn't have to be :), because I am seeing HW & LB products starting to be gifted to people (and Ken Gilliland has told me it's happening for him, too).

Thalek

Inspired
That's wonderful news!

I did have one other comment, but in light of the warning, I'll keep it to myself. [grin]

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Note - if you are a customer, this thread is for you.

If you are one of our Contributing Artists wishing to discuss this in terms of how it affects you as a vendor, please post in the thread I have in the CA forum. Thanks!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As Alisa said, they appear to be finally moving on this, I've noticed about a 100 "gift" transfers of my products over the past few days, all with usernames all began with an "A"

Hornet3d

Wise
Ditto here...

Not that it makes a lot of difference but is the letter "A" the start of the alias, the first name or the last name which one decides if I am in the first lot, the middle or nearly at the end. No hurry mind, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.