• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, yeah. That was mostly May of 2020.
This year's disruption got kicked off when we got threatened with a building inspection. That was originally scheduled for Feb 3.
Since I've been here for going on 49 years, and landlords rarely do cosmetic maintenance on occupied apartments, mine was not likely to have impressed them favorably. The upshot was that I ended up camping out in the living room and bedroom for something like six weeks, while the kitchen, bath, service porch, and my office area (which is actually the dining room) were cleared for painters. The actual paint job took two solid weeks of that. The rest was waiting for them to get started, and sorting things afterwards.

The inspection got postponed due to Covid in the middle of all that, and is now set for April 15.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Epilogue: Four years later. Harry comes home to lacewing cottage after a summer visit to his godfather in the Caribbean. He had enjoyed watching his Housemate Cedric Diggory compete in the TriWizard Tournament the previous year. The prophet made much of Cedric, passing Harry off as "yesterday's hero" to which he says; "Thank goodness."

And that is the end of the story.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the Pestle, the chalice from the Palace holds the brew that is true.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the Pestle, the chalice from the Palace holds the brew that is true.
They broke the Chalice from the Palace. Now the pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon, the vessel with the pestle holds the brew that is true.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
hmmm Ron's Waves from daz would help

Ah, I looked that up; it's a set of Photoshop brushes. In the picture I posted, the sea and bow wave are a 3D model; that's how it renders (in Superfly).

I avoid postwork, partly because I like to do animations (and drawing in postwork on each frame cannot be consistent) and partly because I'm more math/physics oriented than artist. I don't even have Photoshop; I use an old program called PhotoImpact X3, originally by ULead, later acquired by Corel. PhotoImpact 11 came with the first PC I bought circa 2005, and I bought licenses for my later workstations. I have one of those Wacom tablets setting on a shelf; I have never used it. My sister draws well, but I'm more of a mechanic. :oops:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I avoid postwork, partly because I like to do animations (and drawing in postwork on each frame cannot be consistent)...
It can be consistent, but then it is very tedious, time consuming, and if you don't have a tablet and are working from a mouse - a real pain. It generally also needs a good program that supports animation features like light table (sometimes called onion-skinning) and loads sequential images - all not things in Photoshop. (at least not any of the versions I've had).

Carey

Extraordinary
Ah, I looked that up; it's a set of Photoshop brushes. In the picture I posted, the sea and bow wave are a 3D model; that's how it renders (in Superfly).

I avoid postwork, partly because I like to do animations (and drawing in postwork on each frame cannot be consistent) and partly because I'm more math/physics oriented than artist. I don't even have Photoshop; I use an old program called PhotoImpact X3, originally by ULead, later acquired by Corel. PhotoImpact 11 came with the first PC I bought circa 2005, and I bought licenses for my later workstations. I have one of those Wacom tablets setting on a shelf; I have never used it. My sister draws well, but I'm more of a mechanic. :oops:
So we have a non-believer in our Myst.. I remember those days...It was Poser five...I was trapped in the material room....determined to discover the secrets of no post work and how to stop clothes from poking through... I never wish to stand in the way of someone else's adventure.. pack warmly, it can get pretty cold where your going....lol (yes, I am picking on you)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Cirdan's pier in the Grey Havens, as of this morning (Aiko 3 for scale):
Grey Havens - Silo 26Mar.PNG

Everything (except the cliffs) has been UV-unwrapped. The pier has control edges and so it can be subdivided. The nearest capstan has one level of subdivision to show the shape. The carved flat areas of the cliffside on which the statues stand also have control edges. I'm debating whether to add some cliffside buildings and viaducts; it will be a compromise between detail and keeping the poly count reasonably modest.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Dreamer Yes! Silo is like a comfortable old pair of shoes to me. :) I have a modo license but modo just doesn't click with me. Same with Hexagon. I see from the scene editor list that you're making "glow" and "emitter" meshes; a good habit for luminous models. Silo is up to 2.5.6 now, if you want to update (free for existing license).

Watchtowers and viaducts for the grey Havens as of this morning...
Grey Havens towers+viaducts - Silo 29Mar.png