• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

DanaTA

Distinguished
Welcome back and glad you seem to be over whatever you had.

A 2TB SSD, that is some serious piece of kit.
I have a 500GB SSD, and the old one it replace, which is 120GB. But, I have three hard drives. Two of them are 4TB, the other is 1TB. Sadly, today I got an error message when booting up. CPU Fan error. I shut it off and waited a couple minutes and tried again, and didn't get that error, but I will have to take care of it soon. More expense. :cry: I just had work done on it a few weeks ago...drive crashed, which was why I got the 4TB drive to replace it...I got another because the other drive was almost full. I hope they can replace the fan. If not, it will mean a new CPU...which will mean a new motherboard, which will mean new RAM, because this one is a Core2Duo...old. I have to call him and ask about it in a little while.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a 500GB SSD, and the old one it replace, which is 120GB. But, I have three hard drives. Two of them are 4TB, the other is 1TB. Sadly, today I got an error message when booting up. CPU Fan error. I shut it off and waited a couple minutes and tried again, and didn't get that error, but I will have to take care of it soon. More expense. :cry: I just had work done on it a few weeks ago...drive crashed, which was why I got the 4TB drive to replace it...I got another because the other drive was almost full. I hope they can replace the fan. If not, it will mean a new CPU...which will mean a new motherboard, which will mean new RAM, because this one is a Core2Duo...old. I have to call him and ask about it in a little while.

Dana

I really hope you manage to get the fan sorted, that seems a massive outlay for what is basically a fan fault.

I have just had a 500Gb M.2 SSD replaced under warranty as the one which was holding Windows 10 crashed. I have five or six 500Gb SSDs that hold my Poser data other than the runtimes which is held on a 100Gb SSD. Long term storage and backup is on either one of the two 2Tb conventional hard drives that came with the system or one of the two 3Tb conventional drives that I had free when I upgraded the drives in my NAS unit to 6TB. these are on an external unit that can also clone drives separately if required.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thanks. I hope he can just replaced the fan. But, I was without my computer for a couple of weeks, and it was not that long ago. Now to have to bring it back, it's just stressful. I can't get anything done like this.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks. I hope he can just replaced the fan. But, I was without my computer for a couple of weeks, and it was not that long ago. Now to have to bring it back, it's just stressful. I can't get anything done like this.

Dana

I know how lost I was when Windows failed to load and then there was the sheer amount of time and effort rebuilding it software wise, I really do feel your pain and frustration.