• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was transported down to a destination a little way from the meet point, it was a normal procedure but for once she felt it was a wise precaution. Something about this whole situation did not feel right and she was hoping the ships AI was actively tracking any potential threats and ready to get her out of there in an instance. The agreement had been no weapons but, despite that, Caoimhe had a small phaser concealed in the small of her back, despite it's size it could pack a punch but was very limited if the whole situation began to go sour.

Vacant City HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet, and I'm really liking her new hairstyle. ;)

Thank you for the comment. The hair style is quite a change, I have vague memories of having a soft spot for a female character in a sixties sci-fi who wore a similar style which is why I gave it a try. Not sure who the character was or the show although I guess Blakes Seven would be a possibility.

Caoimhe was transported down to a destination a little way from the meet point, it was a normal procedure but for once she felt it was a wise precaution. Something about this whole situation did not feel right and she was hoping the ships AI was actively tracking any potential threats and ready to get her out of there in an instance. The agreement had been no weapons but, despite that, Caoimhe had a small phaser concealed in the small of her back, despite it's size it could pack a punch but was very limited if the whole situation began to go sour.

View attachment 57347
Very crisp render !

Hornet3d

Wise
When I change to using a different hair style for my characters I normally try to find a second hair style that is complementary to the new style. The idea is have a style would allow for subtle changes that would allow the style to change but equally appear to change back a few story days later. Not only does this give some variations but as the morphs for each hair is very different it gives a wider array of possibilities. having recently tried Prae-Avenza Hair for V4 this is a using Asteria Hair by Mairy and 3Dream as a possible complementary hair.

Asteria Hair HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caiomhe found herself isolated from the rest of the team more and more. She would fight as hard as any of them but she did not have the same level of enthusiasm for the god forsaken war. It may have been different for her a few years ago but now all she could see was the futility of it. On nights like this her concerns about the war became darker and more fearful, many lives would be lost and she feared for those close to her. She mentally cursed her own luck, after years she had met someone who she was growing fond of, not a soulmate, not yet anyway. It would just be her luck to lose him having just found him. The last war it had been the same, she had survived but so many around her had not, including the man in her life. She shivered in the night air, not from cold but from the fear of history repeating itself.

Nightmares HW.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
So, I feel I have wasted many hours these last few days. I was trying to kitbash some alien craft for my animation project, and also trying to layout some design work for my Blueprint/Schematics image kit. I am unhappy with both results. Though I will present them here for everyone's viewing.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhhh, I think you have a winner Hornet!! I'm liking the look a lot! :)

Thank you for the comment. I did subtle tweaks it in a number of areas by just spinning dials to get a default position and also understand what I could make the hair do. The dials are well named but they don't do exactly what I expected them to do but then that is understandable. I am also trying to do the same with Bagginsbill hair shader which works well but is complex. The other positive is it also keeps my mind active in the present crisis.