• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I'm cool with add-ons :) I don't buy animals anymore unless there a LAMH presets associated with them. I see hope for the new daz hair, but not enough for me to spend money.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes! And if you can figure out nice-looking manes and tails, I think I'll kiss you all the way from Memphis, lol.

LOL well I guess I won't be getting any kisses- I haven't figured out a way to make long manes and tails and have them work unless I make them to fit specific poses. Otherwise they'll mainly be a mess most of the time. That said I did include a mane and tail for the foal LAMH as those are much less pose dependent.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
LOL well I guess I won't be getting any kisses- I haven't figured out a way to make long manes and tails and have them work unless I make them to fit specific poses. Otherwise they'll mainly be a mess most of the time. That said I did include a mane and tail for the foal LAMH as those are much less pose dependent.

Have you tried morphs?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Do the big cat and hopefull the wolf when finally done have a morph to raise hackles? I love it when they raise their hackles and lower their head when hunting, face down and and creep walking low to ground?

WillowRaven

Enthusiast

LAMH? Where? I love ANYTHING LAMH ...

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
My "Harry" LAMH presets are not quite done yet so not in the store yet. But yes I added a cute LAMH fluffy little tail and wispy mane for the foal:) There are some previews of him in my preview thread.

Those will be instant buys for me, for sure.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I just wish I could get LAMH to install let alone work. Personally I much prefer the new SBH system included with DS that doesn't require the whole export to obj to work in Iray.
Yeah, I tried that with the export of the obj and Iray. Froze my whole computer and had to use the programmer's switch to get clear. Went back to the other render engine in DS, got satisfactory renders. I'm going to stick to the other render type. (Sorry, words fell out of my brain. Why I do pictures, I see pictures, but words sometimes go bye-bye.)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Latest update on another round of changes and tweaks on our Wolf head and face. Hope I have it where it needs to be this time. We do appreciate the suggestions by Laurie and Flink Hawk to achieve the best look we can get.

Wolf57.JPG

Wolf58.JPG

Wolf59.JPG

Wolf60.JPG

Wolf61.JPG

Wolf62.JPG

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Will there be options for without the ruff modeled in the mesh for those of us that will be adding fiber hair/fur of some description?