• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"Spin to Win" Render Challenge! - CLOSED!

eclark1894

Visionary
I love this little note tacked on to the first post.

*NOTE: After much confusion and resulting discussion over the weekend, this post was edited on Monday, August 12th to clarify the terms and intention of the Render Challenge.

TRANSLATION: After arguing and nearly cussing each other out this weekend...:sneaky:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No Earl, there was no arguing and cussing at each other, just a normal discussion of the facts to clarify them as best we could, at that time.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Final Render (My Third)
Title: All That Jazz

HiveWire Base Figure: Dawn

Morph Resources Used:
Dawn's Expressions & Visemes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dawn's Head Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dawn's Body Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dawn Starter Morphs - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art
Also Dawn's Base Morphs

Texture: Monica for Dawn - DAZ Studio - A Virtual World 3D Creation
HiveWire Figure Used: Dusk

Morph Resources Used:
Dusk Starter Morphs - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and CG Cubed
Dusk's Expressions & Visemes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dusk's Body Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art
Dusk's Head Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and CGCubed

Texture: CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk - A CWRW 3D Creation Base Native American

DialSpinPiano.jpg

Dawn Morph Dials:
DawnMorphs01.jpg
DawnMorphs02.jpg

Dusk Morph Dials:
DuskMorphs.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
PM me about it, and I'll post about it in the CVs forum for all the CVs to review and discuss. Then we can get Lisa involved.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
*Bounce bounce* I am having SO MUCH FUN! (No, this one's not finished yet. I think I will be using her even if I don't get her finished in time for the deadline.) Thank you for coming up with this Render Challenge!
rennder2 fullbody.jpg

EntwifeHead1.jpg

(Did I say? SO MUCH FUN!)

Miss B

CV-BEE
That is awesome HaiGan! You neeeeed to finish this one before the deadline! :)
ABSOLUTELY!! HaiGan you MUST finish it in time. This is fabulous, and since everyone's having fun, I want to take a minute, and thank Michele again for suggesting this wonderful render challenge theme. :D

Speedr8cer5

PicsArt_09-03-06.37.10.png
Alvin Blank.jpg
Alvin Test 2.png

Sorry, I don't have any of the emotions morphs, I just realized that as I was putting this together.

Used the Rodney Texture and the Morphs Used:

ChubbyHead - 18%
CreatureCraniumCrest - 75.85%
PLDuskHead1 - 60%
FaceAfricanAmerican - 18%
FaceAfricanAmerican2 - 62.7%
FaceLong - 45.3%
BrowsDepth - -15.5%
BrowsFlat - -8.1%
BrowsWidth - 59%
ForeHeadSlope - 26.7%
EyeIrisSize - 68.9%
EyeLashLength - 32.9%
EyelidEpicanthalFold - 21.7%
EyeLashesLargeGone - 100%
EyesHeight - -67.7%
EarHeight - 100%
EarLobeAttached - 41.7%
EarLobeLength - 37.4%
EarLobeSize - 85.1%
EarShape2 - 25.5%
EarSize - 52.8%
CheekBoneSize - 82.6%
CheekDimple - 72.7
NoseLarge - 3.7%
NoseTipSize - 3.5%
NoseTipWidth - 30.4%
NoseWide - 26.7%
NostrilsWidth - 39.1%
LipLowFull - 8.1%
LipUpFull - 34.2%
LipsThinShape - 23%
MouthLarge - 25.5%
MouthSize - 25.5%
PhiltrumDepth - 15.5%
PhiltrumWidth - 45.3%
ChinCleft - 100%
ChinDepth - 13%
ChinWidth - 28%
JawDefine - 31.1%
CheekBones - 49.1%
Cheeks - 18%
EyesLowerDown - 35.4%
EyesWidth - 35.4%
BodyDefinition - 19%
BodyObese - 8.2%
BodyPetite - 45.6%
BodySmooth - 22.8%
BodyToned - 43.7%
BodyYoung - 86.1%

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes, they can be used. So can her textures. It's the Sora Character as a whole that cannot.

This is a render challenge about what you can create by spinning dials that are not already character presets.

I don't understand all of the confusion. Make your own unique character using morph dials. Your own = made by YOUR combination of dial spins. Unique = not a premade character or character deriviative. Morph dials = shaping morphs for various body parts

If you would like to do this challenge again, we certainly can outline everything more clearly in the guidelines and do it again.

I think the confusion may lay with the differing ideas about dial spun, I often dial in one characters head a bit and then dial in another characters head a bit (the same with the body) and also use other morphs but I very often use more than 1 character at varying degrees; I don't know if I every really use a character as is or even at full 100% dial.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I think the confusion may lay with the differing ideas about dial spun, I often dial in one characters head a bit and then dial in another characters head a bit (the same with the body) and also use other morphs but I very often use more than 1 character at varying degrees; I don't know if I every really use a character as is or even at full 100% dial.
I do much the same. I often load and stack character morphs and morph packs and then play with dials. Oh how I wish I had some of the variety of Morphs I have on M4/V4 for Dusk and Dawn too. I agree that is what is causing confusion - I had wanted to use elements from the Gorilla and Vampire but not at 100%.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Obviously, we were not clear enough that the idea was to create unique and interesting characters with a minimum set of morphs.

This challenge was an opportunity to show how much flexibility Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna have with the current morph packages (Base morphs included with each figure, Starter, Head and Body, and Creature Head morphs). I thought this would be an exciting challenge and I had looked forward to seeing the variety of unique characters people could create using the same set of morph packages.

I felt having everyone start on the same footing / investment was important. I believe allowing character products defeats the idea of showing what can be done with these "basic" morph products (and what can be done starting out with a minimal investment).

It all seemed rather simple to me. One of the biggest criticisms STILL is that the HiveWire figures don't have as many morphs as the Gen 4 figures have. As if to say ... since Dawn/Dusk/Luna don't have a bazillion morphs, you can't really anything with them. You can look at my characters and see that is so not the case. It's incredibly easy to create unique characters with just the Base morphs, Starter Morphs, and Head and Body morphs.

Of course, we ended up including far more than just the minimum set of morphs (Creature Heads, Head Morph Resource Kits, Mini-Morphs, Body-Types, teeth morphs, as well as anything defined as morphs that are not sold with texture maps as Characters.)

With a typical render challenge, the judging is done on the render, not on the figures/characters used in that render. So using a purchased character or tweaking purchased characters has no impact on an entry.