• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
All these mats are just WIP, if you want to see them in a different colour/style just ask and I’ll see what I can do (or post a reference photo) :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I haven’t seen any of 9mbi outfits, where are they available from?

Sadly, the site has disappeared. No mention of where the artist went. Perhaps just gave up, I don't know. I did make purchases there. Too many sites are vanishing. I'm still trying to hang in there.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes, so many sites have gone over the years. Do you have a site?

Yes. But I don't know if it's proper, or accepted, to publish it here. Chris and Lisa have supported me in the past. But I won't publish it in public in deference to them.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If I'm not mistaken Dana, you can "name" the site, just not post a live link to another online store.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sadly, the site has disappeared. No mention of where the artist went. Perhaps just gave up, I don't know. I did make purchases there. Too many sites are vanishing. I'm still trying to hang in there.

Dana

I am another one trying to hang in there which is why I love what Doug is doing here, not only there so many options in the products, I mean the Alyssa Two Piece outfit come with boot and has the material options to match the rest of the outfit, and they are great potential for fit bashing. When so little being produced for Poser, what is produced needs to go a long way.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I am sure I will love the set, as you already know, not only are there loads of materials there are different styles for the top and skirt so quite a few permutations and that is without the potential is has for kit bashing.

I noticed that a couple of people mentioned kit-bashing (I had to look up that phrase) for outfits and I thought that it would be an easy thing to make an outfit with millions of permutations so that people could kit-bash to their heart’s content.

Hence I decided to do that with my next outfit - which is a Fantasy Warrior/Mage/Ranger outfit.
I expect this outfit to consist of one Dress and a pair of boots. Plus a sword, a staff and a bow & arrow. I may also add a cloak.

So far I’ve really only been working on the dress and some second skins so here are a couple of WIP variations for a Ranger;

Ranger.png

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Now when I say that you would have millions of permutations, of course a very large percentage of these would be quite ridicules combinations, but still you’ll get an awful lot of suitable outfits. Anyway, to show what I mean here is an image where it looks like Dawn can’t decide if she is a Warrior, a Ranger or an Ice Mage;

Strange.png

Hornet3d

Wise
Great news, I already have a Ranger outfit for Dawn but you can never have enough. The real value of a product like this is, not only it is good for kit bashing, with a few tweaks of the materials you can produce an equally convincing sci-fi outfit or even modern day casual and formal outfits. As you quite rightly say millions of permutations.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I’m back to working on this outfit. I’ve called it “Borghild Fantasy”.

Since it has literally millions of combinations for kit bashing, I’ve decided to split it into a few sections.

So far I’ve mainly been working on the Mage, the Super Heroes and the Warrior/Rogue outfits.

Here are some of the re-worked Super Heroes (these examples only use the bodysuit and boots - later I’ll post some with the dress and cape – these examples also do not use material layering)

Aqua Bat.jpg