• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just for Fun - [GameTime]

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Time for another...

had a modelling spurt in Carrara and came up with this wacky image full of wacky stuff... can you name all the games?

the missus couldn't... there was one she didn't know... :)
not counting Forky..

Hornet3d

Wise
Nope, best I can do is 6 plus one I feel a should know and two I see pieces to but clearly can't identify the game, so that still leaves three I have not even seen pieces to. Nice idea though.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Barrel of Monkeys, Darts, Monolopy, Legos Mousetrap (my favorite!),Chess, Tiddlywinks?, Checkers, that's all I get.

Hornet3d

Wise
Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Barrel of Monkeys, Darts, Monolopy, Legos Mousetrap (my favorite!),Chess, Tiddlywinks?, Checkers, that's all I get.

Got most of that, Tiddlywinks was the one I was trying to remember and thought I should know. Barrel of Monkeys and Mousetrap were the ones I could see pieces from but not identify the game

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The 6 I got right off the bat were: Darts, Scrabble, Monopoly, Checkers, Chess and Legos. I'll have to think about the others, as they don't look familiar, so I probably never played them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
IOW, you see twelve but don't recognize what game it is? That's better than I did, that's for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I've heard of Trivial Pursuit and Tiddlywinks, but not having ever played either of them, I didn't recognize the pieces from those 2 games. Barrel of Monkeys, however, I've never heard of, so even though the monkeys are obvious in your render, I never would've guess that one.

I'd like to know what games the red and yellow mice/rats, and the green man who looks like he's about to jump into a pool (or overboard), are from. Those don't even come close to looking familiar.

Another game you might consider the next time, is Dominoes. Now that game I played a lot.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The game is Mouse Trap (it was fun as a kid). The man is yellow in this one but in other images had him as green but the mice were different.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, I wonder if that's a Down Under game, as I've never heard of it before. Interesting.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Another game you might consider the next time, is Dominoes. Now that game I played a lot.

yep, my grandfather loved dominoes and played as much as he could down at the local pub for money.. he would get home inebriated and grandma would shake his pants upside down claiming any money that fell out was hers.. lol
that was back during the depression days of the 30's

Mouse Trap is a board game first published by Ideal in 1963 for two to four players. Ideal Toy Company was an American toy company.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Tiddlywinks was the one the missus didn't know...

no one has got all 12 yet ... keep thinking lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
Mouse Trap is a board game first published by Ideal in 1963 for two to four players. Ideal Toy Company was an American toy company.
True, but I was in College by then, so well past the age of playing those kind of board games. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Darts, Barrel of Monkeys, Mouse Trap, Scrabble, Tiddly Winks, Marbles, Chess, Checkers, Lego, Monopoly, Trivia Pursuit, Knuckelbones?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
that's pretty much it @Rae134 :yeahthat: :flower02:

did anyone notice that the scrabble tiles spelt out Carrara... give yourself 9 bonus points if you did lol

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's one of my pieces from way back when before I went digital called "Triple Word Score" (40"x 50", oil on canvas). I did actually use 3D on this... I bought this "new" program called Poser from Fractal Design. I used it all the time with my paintings-- I could bend the Poser stick figure to the pose I wanted for my composition, print it out and used it as a reference when painting. Poser eventually evolved (I think it was v3) and hooked into digital art.