• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
AM has a wolf at DAZ, but JinXter above claims there's a Poser version with dynamic fur. I wouldn't know.
You probably need to be sure that what you find is wolf 2.0. AM did another wolf some years ago when his modeling wasn't nearly as good as it is now.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes there is a Wolf 2.o for Poser by AM as well as his DS version (the hair is done in Poser's Hair Room) it can be found at DAZ.
I want the HW one because you can mix and match textures with all the dogs (since its going to be a morph of the HW Big Dog) as well as the poses which to me makes it much more versatile. And with a bit of tweaking I could probably get a look-alike of my Belgian Shepherd/Husky mix :p.

I can't wait for #CWRW to bring out her LAMH settings for the Deer, they are going to be wonderful as will the add-on horn pack

JinXter

Motivated
Perhaps we should discuss suggestions for the next Hivewire animal in a new thread, I feel uncomfortable towards the wonderful mule deer to be talking about anything else here.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Wolf 2.0 for Poser by AM | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
(apologies, not sure if I'm allowed to link there, please remove and let me know if not)
Assuming you got that wolf do you have or can you get a few quick renders in poser w/o the hair....or can anyone else who has it? I wll probably NOT be using the hair room fur FX and just want to see the model as I would use it without but there are no such renders in the store over there.
Also has anyone here seen their new Deflateable Donkey? Thought it was kinda cool especially as a beach/pool toy? Does the donkey look familiar?

JinXter

Motivated
Assuming you got that wolf do you have or can you get a few quick renders in poser w/o the hair....or can anyone else who has it? I wll probably NOT be using the hair room fur FX and just want to see the model as I would use it without but there are no such renders in the store over there.
Also has anyone here seen their new Deflateable Donkey? Thought it was kinda cool especially as a beach/pool toy? Does the donkey look familiar?

I don't want to derail the Mule Deer thread too much, so if you want to discuss this subject further, please either send me a PM, or start a new subject thread (and @ me).

MCarr

I wonder what kind of timeline we are looking at for a LAMH preset for the Mule deer. I have been doing lots of renders with it and that would really make it pop more, especially for closeups.
Looking forward to the doe and fawn!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I bought the mule deer, and am eagerly awaiting the white tail textures. Is there any timeline or guestimate of when they will be available?

The different breed textures and settings that Laurie has done are waiting on the Antler Pack being ready. I'm told that pack is going to beta this week. So when that Antler Pack is ready, Laurie's additional products, including her Whitetailed product will be in our store at the same time or shortly thereafter. That is the plan anyway.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Chris
Does the antler pack also include ram horns or goat horns?

No, we're saving the Ram horns, Moose antlers, Caribou and Reindeer antlers for those breeds. Also our Fantasy Antlers will be a separate product due to what is involved with them.

The Antler Pack will have:

Trophy Antlers for Mule Deer and morphs
Fallow Deer and morphs
Red Stag and morphs
White tailed Deer and morphs

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
No, we're saving the Ram horns, Moose antlers, Caribou and Reindeer antlers for those breeds. Also our Fantasy Antlers will be a separate product due to what is involved with them.

The Antler Pack will have:

Trophy Antlers for Mule Deer and morphs
Fallow Deer and morphs
Red Stag and morphs
White tailed Deer and morphs
I forgot to ask but will the trophy head also include the deer head as prop or just the horns mounted on a plaque?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
No, it sounds like it's just alternate antlers for the deer. If you want to mount them you'll need to do it yourself. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Interesting question Carmen, but I think they're supposed to be add-ons for the Mule Deer, so they'll attach to it's head. Hmmmm, now you have me curious as to how easily they could be attached to a wall mount, OR possibly the Mule Deer's whole head and the horns. Hmmmm . . .

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
All you'd need is a base, which could be a primitive. Hide the rest of the deer and parent/group it to the base once you've got it positioned so the edges of the neck are buried in the base. Awkward to move around, but doable. Slap a good wood texture on the base and find a wall to "mount" it on.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, sounds easy enough. I may have to try that, just for the fun of it. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Don't hold your breath Desertsilver, as I don't know when I'll be able to get around to it, but I'll certainly post a render if I'm successful. ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well I am simple but not that simple I didn't think of this alternative. But doing it that way you get a deer head with all the morphs whereas if it is a prop already mounted as if a great taxidermist like...oh say....Chris had done it, might be a less dense mesh and when used a smaller file to mess with. It was just a thought since I have nothing else to contribute here or anywhere else for that matter! :(