• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just brought the mesh our more in the back and lower back areas on our new base. Does this help?

I can also add a morph to flatten it out completely, especially when bending forward.

Oh, gosh, yes!! That makes a world of difference! Thank you! :D :thankyou2:

A morph is still a good idea, as I'm sure some folks like the deeper curve, so having the options to have a morph that can go in either direction is always a good idea, too. Character creation is an interesting process, and we never quite know what dials we're going to spin until we start spinning! LOL

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh, gosh, yes!! That makes a world of difference! Thank you! :D :thankyou2:

A morph is still a good idea, as I'm sure some folks like the deeper curve, so having the options to have a morph that can go in either direction is always a good idea, too. Character creation is an interesting process, and we never quite know what dials we're going to spin until we start spinning! LOL

Gotcha, thank you for responding, and giving needed input.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dawn definitely needs slender hands and feet (which is what I meant with feet/hands narrow). But if that's the default shape, she will need a morph to give her mannish hands and feet. After all, there are women who are not so delicate in appearance. I might want to create Lumberjack Dawn or Fishing Captain Dawn, and I probably wouldn't want her looking like Ballerina Dawn!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I might want to create Lumberjack Dawn or Fishing Captain Dawn, and I probably wouldn't want her looking like Ballerina Dawn!

...great. Now I have the temptation to put Dawn in a tutu with a plaid button-up shirt on top with delicate little hands swinging this huge axe... :rofl:

My brain is a weird place, and I'm going to hush up now so I don't derail Chris' thread.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Unfortunately, moving the posts is a challenge in that they would show up BEFORE Chris posted the first post in this thread :).
Yes, I've had you help me do that on a couple of occasions over the years. Definitely not an easy task.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dawn's breast movement morphs have left and right options, so yes, you can move each breast separately up, down, or side to side (Sway).

upload_2019-3-3_23-38-39.png

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
This is looking really good!
There is only one thing I can think of to add/ask for and that is if it would be at all possible/feasible to have the eyebrows set up in such a way as to make it stupid easy to to change the colour of them, ie not painted on the face, this is something that bugs me as both artist and creator that I either have to set up complicated shaders with masks etc or make a new face map for each brow colour I want.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is looking really good!
There is only one thing I can think of to add/ask for and that is if it would be at all possible/feasible to have the eyebrows set up in such a way as to make it stupid easy to to change the colour of them, ie not painted on the face, this is something that bugs me as both artist and creator that I either have to set up complicated shaders with masks etc or make a new face map for each brow colour I want.

Let me think on this one.