• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo. Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo. Baby shar....No hang on.....pack it in you! This, I believe is the greatest cover version of Unchained Melody ever and it's definitely going to get played at my funeral! Enjoy!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Crazy, and crazy.

I think it's the time of year Chris, or maybe watching too many Loony Tunes cartoons..........

These are a couple of relative newbies I've been listening to a lot recently and have been very impressed by. Jared James Nichols who uses a hybrid finger-picking technique similar to Mark Knopler (of Dire Straits), and just to show that you don't have to go top of the range to be professional, thats a basic Les Paul student model he's playing and that sound is coming from pure fret technique and the tone knob!

Next up is Larkin Poe. Rebecca and Megan Lovell from Atlanta, GA. The band name comes from their great-great-great-great grandfather. They are also our Sara's favourite band, herself being no mean guitarist, so she's in good company. The songs are Mississippi and Jailbreak.

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Larkin Poe are joining Joe Bonamassa on one of his Keeping the Blues Alive cruises, I think the Mediterranean cruise this year.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Now that would be the trip of a lifetime Dana. I have myself on advanced ticket notification for both JB and Larkin Poe but having them together in the same place would be something else, especially given some of the muso's who tend to turn out of the blue up at his gigs!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I only get to see him on YouTube. I get his emails, and when he has a video, I go to YouTube to watch it. I haven't been able to afford a concert in about 14 years. Last one I saw was one I went to with my friend, a guitarist. We saw Kenny Wayne Shephard, Ted Nugent, and ZZ Top, all in one night (in that order), at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Do you watch the Norman's Rare Guitars and All Guitar Network channels Dana? Norman owns a store in LA and Joe is a regular visitor. They have some great footage with him (and a whole heap of other guitar luminaries) playing and talking about his collection. Joe has to be the ultimate guitar nerd! He is also one of the founders of the AllGuitarNetwork which is open to everyone, amateur and professional alike, who play the guitar. Both well worth watching. Norman's store manager, Mark Agnesi (and a very tight guitarist in his own right) has a feature called Guitar of the Day within the store beside his own show. Again well worth looking out for! Links below:

All Guitar Network

Normans Rare Guitars

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have seen quite a few of the ones with Joe visiting. Several little jams with other guests. I've seen some of the Guitar of the Day episodes, too. I've never seen a Gibson SG Custom quite like the one I have. Some come close, but not exactly. I have to get it evaluated again. Last time I did, it was in 2001, when we bought our house, so I could add it to the insurance. Walnut with gold hardware, three full humbucking pickups, double-sided pickguard, Gibson tailpiece with tremolo bar, ebony fretless wonder neck, in its original case. Paid $225 for it in the late 70s to a friend. In 2001, it was estimated at $2600.

Have you seen Joe's video, Welcome to Nerdville? It's up there on YouTube. Impressive.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Is that All Guitar Network a pay subscription thing? Looks like all they have is trailers for this and that.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Dana!

AllGuitarNetwork has its own website here: www.allguitarnetwork.com

No subscriptions, just sign up to access everything. I linked the YouTube site because I couldn't find the web address. Apologies for the confusion!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
This is one of those who? sort-of posts! Klaatu was a progressive rock outfit who were once claimed to be the Beatles in disguise (in 1976) by a journalist who was too doped up to check the record company listings and winged it based on their voices and melody lines thus proving that fake news is not a new phenomena! The band revolved around John Woloschuck and Dee Long. The first two albums 3:47 EST (from which this track comes) and Hope were both highly regarded for their high production values and muti-layered sound which blew the Carpenters cover version out of the water. After that the band quickly slid into obscurity and broke up. Headphones recommended!

Strange! I've suddenly got the urge to run outside, look up at the sky and start chanting, "We_are_your_Friends" (doo doo doo doo doo doo).

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
This is one of those who? sort-of posts! Klaatu was a progressive rock outfit who were once claimed to be the Beatles in disguise (in 1976) by a journalist who was too doped up to check the record company listings and winged it based on their voices and melody lines thus proving that fake news is not a new phenomena! The band revolved around John Woloschuck and Dee Long. The first two albums 3:47 EST (from which this track comes) and Hope were both highly regarded for their high production values and muti-layered sound which blew the Carpenters cover version out of the water. After that the band quickly slid into obscurity and broke up. Headphones recommended!

Strange! I've suddenly got the urge to run outside, look up at the sky and start chanting, "We_are_your_Friends" (doo doo doo doo doo doo).

Interesting. It does have the Sgt. Pepper kind of sound to it.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I have seen quite a few of the ones with Joe visiting. Several little jams with other guests. I've seen some of the Guitar of the Day episodes, too. I've never seen a Gibson SG Custom quite like the one I have. Some come close, but not exactly. I have to get it evaluated again. Last time I did, it was in 2001, when we bought our house, so I could add it to the insurance. Walnut with gold hardware, three full humbucking pickups, double-sided pickguard, Gibson tailpiece with tremolo bar, ebony fretless wonder neck, in its original case. Paid $225 for it in the late 70s to a friend. In 2001, it was estimated at $2600.

Have you seen Joe's video, Welcome to Nerdville? It's up there on YouTube. Impressive.

Dana

I have an SG which is a recent Custom Shop replica, hardtail in Cherry Red, two humbuckers and a lovely machine! My usual axe though is either a Strat American Special with double-wound Texas Pickups which turns it into a real screamer when I let loose or a Dave Gilmour Signiture Strat with a lovely bottom-end bass response. At one time I owned a 1962 Les Paul in Arctic White which cost me just over £2000 back in 1995-ish. That now belongs to my granddaughter whom I've been teaching since she was 5-years-old and can now wipe the floor with me at age 12 years! I regret to announce that means I'm now consigned to the shadows with a Fender P-bass Custom (P-bass split pickup with Jazz bass pickup at the bridge) while she and her bestie Laura strut their stuff up front. Happily, they are both big Blues fans so no tears on my part! Ain't life fun?

DanaTA

Distinguished
I also have a G&L Legacy Special. This was Leo Fender's last company. (G&L = George and Leo). It's a Strat style body, but with some of his newer tech...blade pickups. It plays really nice and sounds great through my Mesa Boogie Rocket 44. Add to this a Guild F48 acoustic that I bought at Wurlitzer's in Boston in the late 70s, a Music Man Saber bass, also bought at Wurlitzer's in the late 70s - has active circuitry, really nice sounding, an old violin style bass, not a Hofner, but a very nice bass, even today, nice neck, pretty sunburst...I always forget the make, American Artist, I think. It was my first, mom bought it from my friend in high school (another one), who was selling it because he got a new Fender Jazz bass. It was a Christmas gift, Junior year in high school. I played mainly bass in bands. Except for very early, the Christian band I had named Sweetwater (not the famous rock band from the 60s, I didn't know they existed at the time, so took that name). In that band, we started out as acoustic, so I played the Guild, and some flute (Gemiehhardt solid silver flute, which I also still have), with a childhood friend girl on vocals, and one of the guys had an Arp string and horn thing. When we found a drummer, I switched to bass. I have a Fender Rhodes 88 piano, slightly modified cosmetically, and a Roland Juno 60 synthesizer, Roland Space Echo. For my guitars, I have a Vox Wah, Electric Mistress flanger...a remake of the ones from the 70s, a Boss Blues Drive. My Peavey Mk III bass amp, with 18" speaker and folded horn cabinet, is not working. It started blowing the fuse in the 80s and I could never afford to get it fixed. Might not be able to now, it's so old. Also have an old Standel Studio Artist bass bottom. That blew and couldn't be repaired...they went out of business. sold the head, which was only a preamp...it had a powered bottom...to my friend who sold mom the violin-style bass, he had a Standel first, which is why I bought mine. The head on his blew and he needed it for a gig quick, and I needed the money at the time. From that Christian band, I had a whole band in equipment, but sold some of it. I had a Peavey 10 channel stereo powered mixer...100W into 8 ohms, 200W into 4 ohms, a pair of Electro-Voice Century IV-A PA speakers...those were big!..., microphones (still have two Beyer Dynamics M500 mics and one Senheizer pistol grip mic), the homemade snake for the PA, and a really nice Slingerland drum kit. I have an old Bogen PA tube amp, that we used to power the monitors (a pair of Yamaha speakers, also sold). Later I was with another outreach thing and designed a speaker for a PA from knowledge gained from a Radio Shack book on speaker design. I used the measurements of the Standel bass cabinet, which had two 15" speakers, each in a separated chamber. So I used the measurements of one chamber for the 15" 100W woofer, as a separate chamber, then in the other chamber had a 10" midrange and a pair of 1" dome tweeters, also rated at 100W each. I think the 10" was only a 25W speaker, but it was never a problem. A friend built the actual cabinet. We wired it up so that it has a nominal 8 ohm impedance, with a parallel/series combination to achieve that. Sounds pretty nice. I call it Big Blue...we covered it in a nice blue padded vinyl, and it has a black grill cloth, with gold patter woven in. Looks nice, sounds nice, too damned big for me to tote around! I plugged my Boogie into it a few months ago, and...wow! I have a few other things...Latin Percussion double-strung chimes, Latin Percussion tuneable bongos, and a few small things.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Dana

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hey! No hijack. This thread's about music Dana. Listening, talking and playing! Myself, I must confess I am pretty much a traditional rocker and, for me, that means a Stratocaster running through a Marshall amp. Just now the girls are using a pair of JVM205C's plus an AS50D for Laura who usually handles the acoustic side of stuff. (Twelve years old and she owns/plays a Gibson Hummingbird would you believe!) My first guitar was a Hofner Verithin (an ES copy) which probably cost less than she pays for strings! Otherwise it's my SG with Sara and her Les Paul. When I do sit in I use a MG50CFX. Back up is provided by MX30's which normally take care of business in our little studio (aka: the attic). Notice a certain Marshall bias here?
Anyhow, in the hopes that everyone is still paying attention, another who? band. This is the Herd, a mod outfit who unlike the Who only ever had one hit and this is it. I trust Chris is paying attention because one of the band members was a certain Peter Frampton and I may be asking questions later!

DanaTA

Distinguished
Can't say I've ever heard that one. But guess who is also touring with Joe Bonamassa? Peter Frampton, on a different cruise. That Joe sure tours a lot!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I liked that album. Several good songs, though I don't remember their names.

Ever hear of the group Cold Blood? My friend in high school, the bass player, introduced me to that band, specifically their album Sisyphus. they were jazz rock blues. Extremely tight. Female singer named Lydia Pense, great voice. One of my favorite albums. Seems impossible to find it on CD. Although, I've seen one that seems to have their first self-named album and Sisyphus on one CD. Even at Walmart.com* I may order it. You can find it on YouTube. It opens with a pure instrumental called Shop Talk...makes me bounce in my desk chair!

Dana