• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New all-star Poser-only figure released!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I actually looked there, but while it does look like the same character, it didn't look like the same texture.

upload_2019-1-31_7-1-35.png

According to the product page's "Promo Credits", it's MDD Morgan for V4.2 by Maddelirium.

Not all vendors list those, but I always check, just in case they do.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, that's the correct way to explain how I saw her in her main promo image. Stylized is the perfect description in my mind. Of course, character vendors like Tempesta can take any character and make them realistic, which is why I prefer Angel to the others I've seen so far.

I would have struggled to come up with a description when I first saw her so I will go with stylised as well. I think most new figures are a little bland out of the box but I think that is an effort to make a good default figure to work with. It should mean some decent characters can be built without the origin being easily notice. There was certainly a complaint made by some people about V4, that no matter what character you used you could always see it was using V4.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I actually looked there, but while it does look like the same character, it didn't look like the same texture.
I noticed that, so if Maddelirium didn't include a second skin set with Morgan, then another vendor created one, and I haven't a clue where you could find that. It is a nice skin texture for sure.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There was certainly a complaint made by some people about V4, that no matter what character you used you could always see it was using V4.

I suppose this is an issue with all figures. A chunk of the characters made for Dawn also look pretty much like Dawn. But I understand why people do that, because the more changes one does to a face, the more work will be required to fix the facial expressions. That can be an insane amount of work when we consider how many expression morphs a figure has. In most cases, it's over a hundred.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, an interesting tidbit Jeanne. Will definitely have to try that out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, well I tried setting the Gamma Correction for LF's Head/MakeUp texture, and it won't set less than 0.20. The FireFly render settings palette didn't accept it lower than 0.20 either, and SuperFly doesn't have that option on it's render settings palette.

Hmmm, well I tried setting the Gamma Correction for LF's Head/MakeUp texture, and it won't set less than 0.20. The FireFly render settings palette didn't accept it lower than 0.20 either, and SuperFly doesn't have that option on it's render settings palette.
I had it happend occasionally, some characters do load this way. Example: this is the Dolly character for V4 and the face loads pale while the rest loads fine. If I check the gamma value of the face image node, it has set a custom gamma.

gamma value.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't like her hands, something weird about her thumbs.

Edited to add Photo:
Ok, I haven't figured out how to get clothes on her yet so I've blacked out the body, but you can see her hands. (this was a pose I bought when I got her, I just moved the arms up to cover her chest, I didn't change her hands from that pose)
LaFemme 1.jpg

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
I suppose this is an issue with all figures. A chunk of the characters made for Dawn also look pretty much like Dawn. But I understand why people do that, because the more changes one does to a face, the more work will be required to fix the facial expressions. That can be an insane amount of work when we consider how many expression morphs a figure has. In most cases, it's over a hundred.

That certainly is a problem. I moved over to Dawn primarily because the potential for realistic expressions looked good, of course I found a lot more benefits when I started using her. Then I went and created a character and made expressions very difficult. I often use expressions from Nightsong, great expressions but applied to my character they look insane. What I usually do is set the expression at frame thirty and then step back a frame at a time to decrease the intensity, it does not always work but most of the time it gives a good result or something I can work from. Of course the same trick works with expressions from other vendors.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I checked her out today. Looks really good. She and a couple of clothing items are in my cart. Good to see Glitterati has something out for her. If I didn't do mostly animal or male images I would have bought her by now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't like her hands, something weird about her thumbs.

Edited to add Photo:
Ok, I haven't figured out how to get clothes on her yet so I've blacked out the body, but you can see her hands. (this was a pose I bought when I got her, I just moved the arms up to cover her chest, I didn't change her hands from that pose)

I have also found the hands knuckles rather large, but there is a dial to smooth them out. :)