• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New all-star Poser-only figure released!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hey Ken, just wanted to note that "Carrie's" marketplace page clearly states "Carrie for LaFemme has been optimized for Firefly Rendering engine. She will render with SuperFly with some material adjustments."

I was surprised you went with that character set rather than one of the Tempesta sets which are configured for Firefly and Superfly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
"Some adjustments" is an understatements. Those FF materials are unusable in SF. I will have to redo them all (as usual).

What Tempesta sets?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Personally, I don't think she's supposed to BE realistic. If you look at her face in the main promo for her, I don't see her as a realistic character. I don't necessarily think she's an anime character, but not as realistic looking as most of the characters we're used to seeing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now Tempesta does nice characters, so she may actually get LF to look more realistic than she does out of the box. By default FL reminds me more of 3DU's Alexis for Dawn. Very cute, and I have her, but not the type of realistic characters I'm used to working with.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You said it! Why do people still do that in this day and age? They should leave Alternate Specular alone if making shaders for SF. As a matter of fact, why use Poser Surface at all with SF? If they just tried Physical Surface, they would fall in love with it like I did. It's SO much easier and simpler! In most cases, just texture maps will do.
Probably because with FireFly you need it, unless the Spec is burned in. With SuperFly you don't, and yes the Physical Surface node is nice.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There's Mina: Mina La Femme 3D Figure Assets Tempesta3d
and my personal favorite, Foxy: Foxy La Femme 3D Figure Assets Tempesta3d
I also know she has another one under development, but no clue how soon it may be released.

Oh I've seen them, but I can't spend much at one time. Still recovering from Black Friday and Christmas. ;p

Personally, I don't think she's supposed to BE realistic. If you look at her face in the main promo for her, I don't see her as a realistic character. I don't necessarily think she's an anime character, but not as realistic looking as most of the characters we're used to seeing.

I don't believe LF was supposed to be very realistic. Blackhearted tends to make more stylized shapes and proportions, so I suppose it's his style. Even mine is different, and I rarely do realistic. But a base figure can be morphed into anything. This is just the default shape, and has Blackhearted signature all over it. Just look at my "Body Type" series, where they look nothing like the default Dawn.

Probably because with FireFly you need it, unless the Spec is burned in. With SuperFly you don't, and yes the Physical Surface node is nice.

Carrie comes with specular maps, which have no meaning in SF, but there are ways to convert a map to serve a different purpose. A specular map can be converted into a roughness map. I was almost done converting the shaders to SF, but then Poser went bonkers with the heatwave we are having here, and I lost everything. I will try again when the computer is usable. The heat has been insane, and my A/C is still not working. Looks like it has been -50F today in Chicago, which is also unusual, even for Illinois.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm rather partial to Foxy. For me she has that "it" factor. Which character do you think is more anime? I'm not as interested in realism as I am in creating dynamic art. Getting Foxy on payday. With any luck she'll have more clothing out then.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Personally, I think none of them looks even remotely "Anime" in the traditional sense. They are all "sort of" realistic, a bit stylized but not much. Definitely not cartoonish, if you know what I mean. By elimination, they are more in the "realistic" side.

Miss B

CV-BEE
. . . a bit stylized but not much.
OK, that's the correct way to explain how I saw her in her main promo image. Stylized is the perfect description in my mind. Of course, character vendors like Tempesta can take any character and make them realistic, which is why I prefer Angel to the others I've seen so far.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In a way I see LF a bit like V4, which is realistic, but in a idealized way. Many call V4 the "perfect woman" because of that. Conversely, some claim V3 has Neanderthal proportions when trying to be realistic. There people of all kinds of proportions, so there isn't just one single kind of body we could define as realistic. It's more a matter of personal preference. I prefer stylized, but some prefer the opposite.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, when I say realistic, I don't necessarily mean the body size and/or shape. I'm looking at her face as well, as that's where I often see more "realistic" shapes and textures. I sometimes see closeup head shot renders where I see a character that to me looks like she could be the person living next door, and others where she obviously isn't, though not necessarily anime.

That said, there are so many different shapes and sizes of real life women, that it would be hard to say a character who looks like only one of them is the realistic one, and any others aren't. You're right though, it's all the end user's personal taste that counts.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And that's why it's important that content creators release stuff in different styles. Variety is important.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's why I loved how Roxie looked, though I didn't enjoy trying to use her. She looked more like someone you'd work with, rather than someone you'd see walking a catwalk. V4 and most of the G girls I've seen look like they belong on a catwalk, rather than working in the office (or soon to be cubicle) next to me.

Even though my characters most definitely aren't typical of someone you'd encounter in the grocery store or on the street, I prefer the base figure to be more an average Jane then a model.

But ... that's rather what you'd expect from someone who never wears makeup, and hasn't worn a dress in ... decades. Fashion plate I am not :wink:

Anyone know the character/texture used for the Kayla Hair promos?
upload_2019-1-31_0-57-44.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
According to the product page's "Promo Credits", it's MDD Morgan for V4.2 by Maddelirium.

Not all vendors list those, but I always check, just in case they do.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finally managed to redo all of the Carrie materials to work properly with SF. As usual with Superfly, it takes a LONG time to clear SSS noise. My PC started to overheat due to the heatwave and lack of A/C, and I couldn't let it render for long. Result is a crappy, noisy render. At least now I have usable SF shaders for Carrie.

I have tried an Octane render from these new shaders, and NO textures went through because it doesn't recognize Physical Surface root nodes. I didn't realize until now that Octane requires PoserSurface root nodes to find the textures. Bummer. That would produce a much cleaner and faster render, but I would have to recreate all the shaders again.

Yup, I have no clothing for LF. ;p

Carrie_640.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I downloaded her this morning, needed some things anyway *ahum* LOL
I might give here a run for her money, seems a great figure to play and learn Poser 11 with.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
That is one gorgeous character

That's why I loved how Roxie looked, though I didn't enjoy trying to use her. She looked more like someone you'd work with, rather than someone you'd see walking a catwalk. V4 and most of the G girls I've seen look like they belong on a catwalk, rather than working in the office (or soon to be cubicle) next to me.

Even though my characters most definitely aren't typical of someone you'd encounter in the grocery store or on the street, I prefer the base figure to be more an average Jane then a model.

But ... that's rather what you'd expect from someone who never wears makeup, and hasn't worn a dress in ... decades. Fashion plate I am not :wink:

Anyone know the character/texture used for the Kayla Hair promos?
View attachment 44553