• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well its supposed to be warming up to 37c on Friday (almost feels like that now from the humidity!)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The one thing I hate the most during the summer is high humidity. It could be 95º, and if the humidity is somewhere between say 48% to 55%, it's a gorgeous day. If, however, the humidity gets up into the 80% to 95% range, I'm ready to crawl into a hole full of ice cubes. ~sheesh~

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah, I hate humidity too. We've had a fair bit of rain due to the cyclone up north but its still been hot hence the humidity. its yuck!

Terre

Renowned
There are times when it's advantageous to be in a semi-arid climate. Humidity is less of a problem. Of course the lack of rain that goes with it.......

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
We have been getting heat+rain here too mostly in the form of afternoon heat storms. Cools off for 10 seconds and then back to hot,sticky and yuck.
And in the midst of that I have the oven going doing the Christmas baking. Ugh

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thank goodness for sea breezes we are all saying up here. At about 12.30pm each hot and sunny day the breeze starts to rise from the north and we cool off. Yay for science!

But boo to learners on brass instruments! I think it was a trumpet that woke me this morning playing very, VERY badly a Christmas carol. Then another. And another. I deserve a gold medal for not going across there and seeing if the damn thing could float! Roll on New Year, it has less songs!

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thank goodness for sea breezes we are all saying up here. At about 12.30pm each hot and sunny day the breeze starts to rise from the north and we cool off. Yay for science!

But boo to learners on brass instruments! I think it was a trumpet that woke me this morning playing very, VERY badly a Christmas carol. Then another. And another. I deserve a gold medal for not going across there and seeing if the damn thing could float! Roll on New Year, it has less songs!

Bàh! Humbug! :D:D:D:D

Lorraine

Lots and lots and LOTS of sunshine today but no computer cos was ashore being visually assaulted by industrial quantities of tinsel. I think I'm suffering from a tinsel allergy. Not life threatening but gave me hives ;)

Lorraine

Christmas! They put Christmas in the tinsel! I'm violently allergic to Christmas and must avoid exposure at the risk of awful side affects like grinch like behaviour and bah humbug. Sorry Miss B, no hives, it's something we say down here when we don't like something, "It gives me hives". We are a weird bunch.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not a problem Lorraine. It just reminded me of when I had them once, but it was many decades ago, so it was an issue only the once.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Some of us here say that too Lorraine.

Sadly, eventually something did give me hives. I just have no idea yet what that is!

Lorraine

Hives suck big time! My sister spent her childhood covered in calamine lotion and with her hands in cloth bags to stop her scratching. She got them from eating citrus and as much as Mum tried to stop her eating them, she would sneak off and raid the trees...she then, and me as her roommate, suffered for days. It never taught her a lesson but! She did grow out of it, unlike my allergy to kapok and everything else I have a nasal allergy to. Just discovered I'm now allergic to Dove soap! My nose is running for a train! Someone will be getting two bars as a gift...meanwhile they are double bagged and banished to the cockpit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I went through 5 weeks of testing at an Allergist, and the only thing he could report I was allergic too was chocolate, which I already knew. Talk about nasal allergies.

Anyway, he also told me I seemed "sensitive" to anything with vinegar in it, so he told me to watch my use of condiments, like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and the like, which at the time made sense, because I was known to drown my French Fries in ketchup. I eventually learned to add some ketchup to the plate, and then just "dip" them in the ketchup.

The day I had the outbreak, my office mate was going to pick up lunch, and I asked her to get mine as well, which it turned out to be ham and cheese with mustard, and the guy at the deli must've drowned the sandwich with it, because my office mate wound up taking me to the hospital later that afternoon. They gave me a shot of something (don't recall what now), but it eventually wore off, so a friend gave me the name and telephone number of her Allergist, and off I went the next day to start testing. It also put off my vacation for a month. ~shakes head~