• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well this was over 35 years ago, so I couldn't even begin to consider what shot they gave me, and whether that was even around back then.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Wow! That's awful, Miss B! Luckily the only thing I've ever had a skin reaction to was my amytriptylene which I had to come off. Sad because it not only was effective in stopping me jumping off tall buildings but it kept my fibromyolitis pain away. Nothing since then has been as effective but considering most of my skin was under my fingernails it was best to stop taking it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't have anything related to Chilli's (capsicum, cayenne, paprika etc), the hives aren't so bad if I can quickly get to antihistamine, but if my immune system is compromised I can go into anaphylactic shock. I hadn't had eggplant for a long time and started to itch and go red too and if I have raw tomatoes I can get arthritic type pains in all my joints so it looks like I'm becoming sensitive to all nightshades (so far not to potatoes but on my diet I don't have them much at the moment anyway :(), Oh and I can't take oxy, allergic to that too (not to mention the nightmares)

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, are you by any chance allergic to Peanuts? That's known to be a major cause of anaphylactic shock.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
nope, all good with peanuts :) thank god! I love them and its hard enough to stay clear of the rest, paprika is used as a colouring in so much! Not to mention they just have to say spices on a packet, they don't have to list individual ones :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, as usually I only see things mentioned like Gluten for those who need to be Gluten Free, and such.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I have never been allergic to anything in my life, untill this "old age"-thing started crawling up on me. Apperently I developed hayfever, and like all things I do, in a good way.
So I start taking these pills but still I'm wheezing and slobbering away in my garden. Stupid thing though. When I'm at home it really bothers me but when I'm at our caravan in the woods and farm lands, I don't have any problems.
I only react to grasses, which at home there is an abundonce of. The farmlands don't seem to bother me though, maybe different kind of grasses. I'm a weird one I know.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I moved from the west coast to the east coast at about 15. Then moved back when I was about 30 and got the worst asthma. Never had anything like this before. The doctor said I was reacting to the plants in the area and that it could be a whole lot worse when you are away from them for years. He also suggested that I get some local honey and start eating it as the bees do something that breaks down the plants. After a few weeks eating the honey the asthma went away. Might be worth a try for hay fever.

Hornet3d

Wise
A few years ago I had a massive allergic reaction to something leaving me fighting for breath and covered in what the called a 'strawberry' rash because it looked similar to a strawberry. My colleagues were so concerned the called the ambulance who promptly decided to take me to hospital with the 'blues and twos' running as they said the sooner the got me to hospital the better. So we set off and the paramedic turned around to pick up a pad to get more details from me and turned back around to find me bent double in pain and not able to talk. He was really concerned that my condition and taken a big turn form the worst. That was until I was able to regain my breath and explain that the cupboard above the trolley I was led on had not been closed and as they set off a bottle of some lotion had fallen out and landed in the most sensitive part of my body, boy was it a shock. He was so apologetic but I could see the funny side despite my condition and told him not to worry, I felt really sorry for him at that point. Happily the nurses at the hospital injected me with something and I soon felt better so much so when my colleague who had kindly rushed off to collect my wife was amazed in the change in such a short period of time. Mind you I was pleased my wife had not seen me when I was at the worst point.

Terre

Renowned
Local honey can help some people. By "local" they mean within no more that 50 miles of your home. That way the bees have the best chance of getting a tiny bit of the pollen you are reacting to in the honey. Basically it's the same theory as allergy desensitization shots. Those shots were helping me but I was reacting to something else in the shots and had to stop them.

Lorraine

"We wish you a crappy Christmas" said the weather forecasters and lo, it was done. Northland will be underneath a low from today till Wednesday, torrential rain and thunderstorms, flood and wind warnings in place, and very, very many sad, damp campers wishing they'd stayed home as they try to keep the tent dry. Aboard Sans Souci all is well, the fridge is full, the wine locker ditto, there's a leak over the steps to the forward cabin, no biggie, that's what towels are for, right? There is so much food aboard that the big day starts today with dip, camenbert and toast and a nice red. Hope you have better weather than us, enjoy your holiday however you plan to do it :balloon02:

Terre

Renowned
Busy day at work. Part doing my regular stuff as scan coordinator, part helping the stockers, part relieving the cashiers so they could actually get breaks...... Normal pre-holiday day for me. :)
Jim's mother sent Swiss Colony. The fat box was three cheeses. The other box was too thin to be hard sausages. Turned out to be sugar free chocolates. Maltitol sweetened so Jim can eat them, he'll just have the laxative effect hit him. I looked at the ingredient list as I've seen wayyyyy too many boxed chocolates that aren't safe for me. Yup. Palm kernel oil was on the list as a possible ingredient. I figured if it was a mixed batch of things there may be some solid ones or ones with nuts I might be safe in considering. Nope. All were cremes which virtually guarantees kernel is present. Cream fillings are one of the most common uses of the stuff. Oh well. I'd already planned on making home made sugar free chocolates tomorrow.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There's a bakery near my gym that has sugar free Apple Turnovers that are absolutely fantastic. I brought them to a friend's house a couple of years ago, because her husband and mother-in-law (who was visiting at the time) are both diabetic, and they made such a hit, my friend couldn't believe they were sugar free.

Terre

Renowned
It depends on what they are sweetened with. Some items are quite good and Jim says the chocolates his mom sent are. I'm just one of those rare people who is allergic to palm kernel.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I have no idea what the ingredients are, but I know if I want say 1/2 dozen of them, I have to order the day before, or they'll be gone by the time I get there the day I need them. That's how popular they are. Actually, I've ordered pies from them too on occasion, and have had to order, and pay for it, the day before to ensure I get what I want.

Lorraine

Merry Christmas, my friends!

The sound of NZ Christmas's since 1967

IMG_1155.JPG

'I wish you a Sushi Christmas and a Happy New Year!'

The day is nearly done down here, I hope you enjoy yours up there :balloon03: