• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
I have to admit to being a bit amused. Even women are confused by all the names you gals have for clothing types. So I decided to start out with a Wedge type shoe, for Dawn of course. Man, it's been a while since I've done more than play with Cycles in Blender. You tend to forget commands. So anyway, I decided to use poser to help get Dawn's feet in the right position. I wish would make a shoe last for figures to get the feet in the proper position to make shoes.

upload_2018-11-29_15-38-44.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Exactly! Rae lives in Oz, (down under) in the southern hemisphere, and we're up here in the U.S. in the northern hemisphere, so yes different areas of the world have different colloquial expressions/names for the same thing.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I know the way the foot itself (on the human figure) bends means the bottom of the heel is on a slope but the shoes I've seen have the heel section arching over from the insole to be slightly more horizontal. I guess it helps stop the whole foot from sliding downhill and crushing the toes even more than they usually get crushed in high heels.
heels.jpg

(I've exaggerated a bit on the one on the right)

eclark1894

Visionary
I know the way the foot itself (on the human figure) bends means the bottom of the heel is on a slope but the shoes I've seen have the heel section arching over from the insole to be slightly more horizontal. I guess it helps stop the whole foot from sliding downhill and crushing the toes even more than they usually get crushed in high heels.
View attachment 42921

(I've exaggerated a bit on the one on the right)
I think I nailed it then. I had to adjust the slope on the shoe because the sole was disappearing INTO the foot.

upload_2018-11-30_8-30-30.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I have a couple of suggestions. I like the thick strip of leather down the back of the heel. I've seen that before, and I like it. What I don't see exactly working is the side of the shoe where it joins the front strap over the top of her foot, with the back strip.

Personally, I would make them two separate items. IOW, I'd have the wide strap over the top of her foot, and then have the strip down the back of her heel attached only to the back of the wedge. I would cut out the leather portion you have joining the two pieces, as I don't think it's necessary. As I see it now, that portion is sinking so you can almost see the bottom edge of her foot, almost as if the shoes were made out of a lightweight material which can't hold its shape.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, I have a couple of suggestions. I like the thick strip of leather down the back of the heel. I've seen that before, and I like it. What I don't see exactly working is the side of the shoe where it joins the front strap over the top of her foot, with the back strip.

Personally, I would make them two separate items. IOW, I'd have the wide strap over the top of her foot, and then have the strip down the back of her heel attached only to the back of the wedge. I would cut out the leather portion you have joining the two pieces, as I don't think it's necessary. As I see it now, that portion is sinking so you can almost see the bottom edge of her foot, almost as if the shoes were made out of a lightweight material which can't hold its shape.

I'm still working on it.

upload_2018-12-2_18-36-52.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking, though I like the wider strap across the top of the foot.

Keep working on this, as I'm liking it. ;)

Leana

Enthusiast
I tend to be the stereotypical girl when it comes to shoes (not handbags though) so I have a good number of them, in different styles and colors, and with flat or not-that-high heels (7-8cm max, I have small feet and don't feel comfortable wearing anything higher. And unlike quite a few girls I know, comfort is definitely a requirement when I buy shoes).
That would inlude sandals, ballet flats, different kinds of pumps, wedges, boots, ankle boots, sneakers...

eclark1894

Visionary
I tend to be the stereotypical girl when it comes to shoes (not handbags though) so I have a good number of them, in different styles and colors, and with flat or not-that-high heels (7-8cm max, I have small feet and don't feel comfortable wearing anything higher. And unlike quite a few girls I know, comfort is definitely a requirement when I buy shoes).
That would inlude sandals, ballet flats, different kinds of pumps, wedges, boots, ankle boots, sneakers...
Would you mind showing me a typical pair of shoes you would buy for yourself?

Leana

Enthusiast
Depends what kind of syle you're looking for, but here are a few pairs which are or could be in my dressing:
product_8637041hd.jpg escarpin-efrivole-noir-003.jpg 65860.jpg escarpin-bandini-veau-velour-coconut-h02-29704201-h79f05a.jpg 035ec_kFxKqhhsVgykyTfpFswhXhUs.jpeg 18h_huette_black-black-1.jpg HD_0000012138_171452_06.jpg 66117.jpg 65853.jpg 8401219_500_A.jpg 8401216_500_B.jpg sandale-depepa-rouge-004-mellow-yellow.jpg Escarpins ANNABEL WINSHIP 36 bleu  6749298.jpg