• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Depression or celebrating life?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Had a doctor appointment day before yesterday. Was officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and 2 types of Arthritis. While this could have really put me in a down mood, it actually helped to know that some (most) of the issues that I've had problems with over the years are actual problems and they are actually treatable. So, going to be starting treatment for the Fibro soon. As for the Arthritis, I'm going to go at that herbally, as that is my preferred method to try first. But, one of the things that he brought out was that depression and anxiety are often some of the signs of Fibro, so, again, treating the one might help the others. Little glimmers of hope.

Ohhh sympathy...! I've had Fibro all my life...(and at my age it was not even a real thing when I was young!) Yes, depression comes with it too... one thing...be cautious about the modern drugs for Fibro... I use an old fashioned pain killer and a muscle relaxant, and those have done better for me than modern stuff... (you can read a LOT about FM on my website, FYI silentsyn1) also note: IBS can be a part of FM...it's all a nerve thing with Fibro....so affects our gut often... also menopause affects the severity of it... (not sure of your age)....

Recently, my depression is so deep, I'm doing something I've done all my life...the more I'm depressed, the better my dreams are! I had horse dreams three nights running and it's going to show up in my art! I think my soul is giving me comfort via my dreams....

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
I have near the same issues ( meno,fibro,Morbus Basedow,ibs-biggest problem) wanna send you very big hugs :)
My biggest Problem is that i can´t forgive myself that i was not able the last 20 years to Support my Kids outside of the house and that i can´t visit all doctors i should the last 5 years. I can Count my outside walks away from home(not sure what word i should use) for this year ..12 times...haha...i am so depressed most of the times.Hope next year will be a better one.i am proud when i can finish a 1 hour walk.Shame on me.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have near the same issues ( meno,fibro,Morbus Basedow,ibs-biggest problem) wanna send you very big hugs :)
My biggest Problem is that i can´t forgive myself that i was not able the last 20 years to Support my Kids outside of the house and that i can´t visit all doctors i should the last 5 years. I can Count my outside walks away from home(not sure what word i should use) for this year ..12 times...haha...i am so depressed most of the times.Hope next year will be a better one.i am proud when i can finish a 1 hour walk.Shame on me.

were you making a joke to say "shame on me"? If you are serious... noooo never shame yourself.... we each are doing the best we can with how things are right now. It's all we can expect from ourselves... BUT I do understand 'shame'... my Mother "taught" me to "be good" by shaming me... and now I shame myself too much... slowly (very very slowly!) I am trying to be proud of ANY thing I can do, and to love myself when I just can't do something. (exercise... ohhh a very hard to do thing!)

BIG HUGS!!

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
Oh it was more a shame on me with a ;-) ( Hope i understand correct what you mean)

When i did creative things in my childhood my parents told me that everyhing i do is shit
and destroyed it...( sorry my english)
I would say i have a broken Soul..i am not really able to be proud of anything i do.
Thats wrong , but it doesn´t change.
When i try ,i will think the same time that i am joking with myself than.
Ah..difficult to explain that.
But.. i am fine as Long as i don´t think about that too much :)
Overall i would say..i am getting older and some thoughts are calming down

But better i go and create stuff :)

Big Hugs Back

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
:( sorry to hear this ...you both are truly artists. ..i cannot understand how a mother or father can do that to their children . I was lucky my father encouraged me ...even if other near family don't was so kind to me , we were the black sheep of the family so i was not as happy as i could be ...even in adulthood is nearly the same ,but i have now my grown-up children that helps me to feel loved . My health is not so good too, but my hope and faith in God makes me happy now . A big hug my friends and you DO are worth of love and consideration and truly artists !:grouphug:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ohhh sympathy...! I've had Fibro all my life...(and at my age it was not even a real thing when I was young!) Yes, depression comes with it too... one thing...be cautious about the modern drugs for Fibro... I use an old fashioned pain killer and a muscle relaxant, and those have done better for me than modern stuff... (you can read a LOT about FM on my website, FYI silentsyn1) also note: IBS can be a part of FM...it's all a nerve thing with Fibro....so affects our gut often... also menopause affects the severity of it... (not sure of your age)....

Recently, my depression is so deep, I'm doing something I've done all my life...the more I'm depressed, the better my dreams are! I had horse dreams three nights running and it's going to show up in my art! I think my soul is giving me comfort via my dreams....
Will check out your resources above. And I'm being careful with the modern meds. So far, I'm concerned/nervous about the one they prescribed, so I'm doing some more research on it first. I have always been an Herbs/food/prayer/rest person first, with medicine when all else hasn't fixed the issue (or if it's an emergency tyype thing!). I am close to the meno thing...so, I know some things will be changing soon.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
The holidays are really really hard for me, as several weird family deaths occurred and so it adds to my holiday depression... But after watching the new Disney Christopher Robin movie and loving it... I bought myself a stuffed Pooh Bear to hug! My therapist(s) have always said how helpful it is to cuddle and hug a stuffed animal... it's often a surrogate for our inner child who is sad!

skylab

Esteemed
Lynne, your doctor is right...a stuffed animal can help the expression of vague, inner pain or sadness, and can facilitate the healing process. There's much more to it than that of course. I used a little bear...gee, I guess it's been nearly 25 years ago, while working through some sad stuff, see pic below....he's the soft, fuzzy bear in the middle :) Emmanuel was a popular item in my house for awhile, as other people enjoyed cuddling with him as well. The day came when the grief cycle finally ran its course, and I felt like myself again. So hang in there :)

And yes Karth, there can be a lot of shame associated with feeling like you're not able to "get it together"...but you have to remember, if you had a broken leg, you wouldn't scold yourself for not being able to walk on it until it healed. Things take time. Part of the healing process is learning to have mercy and grace for oneself, as well as others...and often we're hardest on ourselves.

And Janet...I lost my father to Alzheimer's during Christmas of 2011...so yes, it does leave a ding on the holidays sometimes. His memory was lost over the course of about five years, so when he passed, he was starting to not remember family members.

bears-and-lion.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The Christmas season is when I tend to feel that I"m "not enough". We were/are almost always really broke by Christmas, and many years the kids got Dollar Tree gifts, because that is all there was. We were blessed with having anonymous friends a few times who gave the kids gifts from "Santa". But, I always feel that if I was just a little more ________________. Then things would be better. Finding out that I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), does help to explain those feelings, as well, as by then, darkness is just getting more and more. (I grew up in Arizona, didn't have so much problem with lots of dark days!).

But, June is when I fall apart. Lots of deaths and difficulties in June. So, I just plan to be nice to myself and not demand much.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My kids and I stopped doing Christmas presents the year my Dad died. My sons soon learned when I got my tax refund and would usually ask for something around then and I would tell them it was a belated Christmas present.

SAD can be treated. I believe it's caused from a lack of light.

Hornet3d

Wise
My kids and I stopped doing Christmas presents the year my Dad died. My sons soon learned when I got my tax refund and would usually ask for something around then and I would tell them it was a belated Christmas present.

SAD can be treated. I believe it's caused from a lack of light.

My younger sister has suffered from SAD for many years and was quite devastating but in recent years the use of special lights that replicate normal sunlight have helped. While it is not a complete cure for my sister at least it made the months at the end and start of the year much more bearable.