1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Depression or celebrating life?

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Lyne, Sep 24, 2018.

1. skylab

skylab Distinguished

Love that sheep :) He looks fluffy and soft like Emmanuel the bear.

mininessie likes this.
  2. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Yes ,it is !

3. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Though it seems like a lot less time has passed, I lost my brother back in December 2012 from an aneurism. I find my self crying a lot more these days. And yeah, I'm feeling SOOOO depressed. I'm not suicidal, but I have to tell you, even if I knew I was having a heart attack or about to, I'm not sure I'd care enough to even call 911. How sick does that make me? Don't worry. Like I said, I'm depressed, not suicidal.

4. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

It means you are grieving and in a bad place but it does not make you sick, not in my book. Six years is no time at all when it comes to missing close family, I think such loss is often like a wound that never really heals therefore continues to hurt. Much as I love this time of year the downside is it makes us miss close family and friends all the more, something that is particularly true if the anniversary of the loss happens around now.

I am lucky enough to be in a relatively good place at the moment but I have been somewhere close to where you are now I genuinely feel for you. I hope the darkness lifts for you before too long but I also know that there is little you can do to make it happen or even predict when it might. My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. mrsparky

mrsparky Member

Feel your pain there - stay strong and go see your doctor - they can help. Also fair play to you for talking about this stuff.
    Never get why we'll be open about physical health, but mental health and it's ..."is that the time". Shouldn't be that way.

6. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I don't trust lawyers, priests and doctors to keep secrets. I'll only talk to God when I see him.