• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-7 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Body Type-7 for Dawn (Poser and DS)

This is a new body sculpt I have been working on for Dawn. She has detailed abs and hips, new breasts shape, slightly longer legs and smaller torso, shapely thighs, smaller buttocks, and slimmer arms. It's an original and completely redesigned shape for Dawn. Below is a render with the Poser version.

Promo01_768x1024.jpg

Here's the front, side and back view.

Promo02_600x800.jpg

Here's a close-up of the torso to show off the unique shapes. Note she has pronounced hip bones.

Promo03_600x800.jpg

Here's a close-up view of the back. The buttocks are higher up and about half the size of Dawn's. From this view you can also see the hip bone protruding at the front.

Promo04_600x800.jpg

I have worked hard on her rigging, and she poses quite well. Type-7 builds over the accumulated experience from previous projects, and I think it's getting better every time. ^____^

This week I have resolved some of technical challenges from the DS version rigging, and now I have a final version candidate to start the internal beta-testing. Below is the final DS version candidate, now fully rigged and JCM-corrected, rendered with I-ray.

Below is Poser Type-7 render I did a while ago.

Promo05_768x1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Working on the first batch of beta-testing today, which resulted in a couple of additions to the Poser and DS versions.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The second round of beta-testing didn't go so well. I have concentrated on getting a good bend forwards for the torso, and ended up with problems bending backwards. This will need more work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! Type-7 has passed internal beta, and now I just need to work on the DS version (and beta-test it). However, I had to stop everything last Tuesday because of a surgery that will keep me away from computers for a few weeks. I am hoping to recover good enough to finish this next week, but it's hard to tell. Right now I am already on my limits and will have to log off. I will finish this when I am able to stay longer on a computer.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think I have the Poser version finished, but I am rather stuck on the DS version because it doesn't let me set a rate for 2nd stage JCM "multiply" dependencies. So the morph corrections work, but at the wrong rate. Nothing new here - I basically always get stuck on DS versions because of the utter lack of technical information. It's very frustrating... >___<

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today Paul has kindly showed me a workaround to resolve the lack of 2nd Stage Multiply ratios for JCMs with multiple dependencies in DS, and it's simple enough and worked pretty good. It beats me that DAZ hasn't resolved this until now, considering DS is updated way more often than Poser. The important thing is that this workaround has finally allowed me to complete the DS rigging for Type-7, and tonight I have sent it for beta-testing. It could be the final version. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! Beta-testing has closed successfully today for Poser and DS, but I still have to finish the promos (ugh!). My surgery has delayed everything for a week, but now things are starting to pick up again. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The product was submitted to the HW store today (Poser+DS versions). Now awaiting confirmation that it was accepted. Once that happens, it goes to QAV with Alisa.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, KK! I am definitely not as much in pain as I was in the first week, but I am still not free from occasional bleeding everyday. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's annoying because blood stains things. I am hoping the blood will finally stop in the next few days! I really do! ^_____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, guys! The hospital said the bleeding might persist for 3-4 weeks, where now I am reaching the end of the 2nd week. Almost there! ^^