• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks. No worries if they don’t like it. If they have suggestions to change it, let me know. I can change some basic stuff but I’m not competent enough in after effects to change the animations yet. :(

If they like it, I’d give it to Hivewire so that any content creator can use it.

Wow, you have some real talent for sure. Love to see you and your products here. Their are a lot of funky 3D Characters out there in 3D land that don't quite look unique enough, or are a bit lack luster. You're products are NOT that. Your products are very well done and look great! We'd love to have you and your products here for sure. Just want to mention that. I know you've already been told that in email, but wanted to say that here as well.

I love your animation of the HiveWire logo, especially the latter one with the green. But yes, Lisa and I will have a chat this evening where we'll discuss this together.

eclark1894

Visionary
I hope the nice folks here at Hivewire don't mind if I butt in for a moment. AS some of you may know, I have created the Poser 3d Content Directory. I'd like to remind anyone who is moving here from another store or site to please contact me ASAP via my Directory Contact Email address Avis@3dcontentdirectory.com so I can make the necessary changes to your entries in the directory.

This also applies if you are a new vendor here at Hivewire and would like to be listed in the directory.

Also, for the record, I am not affiliated in anyway with Hivewire or any online 3d content store, nor Poser. I'm just a big fan of their work.:sneaky:

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Wow, you have some real talent for sure. . . .
Thank you! I've learned a lot from various ones in the community and working with Lady Littlefox over the years. :)

Did someone say After Effects?
Yeah. I just played around with it last night for the first time. Do you know of any good sources to learn the product? I'm thinking of keeping it but I'm very new to video editing. I wanted to use it to create product trailers and other short videos. I know nothing about it though.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Lady Littlefox is a wonderful gal and oh so talented!!! We worked on this gaming project together back in 2012...She was actually the one to pull me in on the project.

ElkProjectfinal.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you! I've learned a lot from various ones in the community and working with Lady Littlefox over the years. :)

Yeah. I just played around with it last night for the first time. Do you know of any good sources to learn the product? I'm thinking of keeping it but I'm very new to video editing. I wanted to use it to create product trailers and other short videos. I know nothing about it though.
My first and main source would be to point you to Videocopilot's website with Andrew Kramer's videos (currently 168 video tutorials of ranges of difficulty). I have used and referenced it for years, lots of great stuff there. Sadly, I have very old versions of AE, so much of the newer stuff I can not use/do... but still great to watch. Aside from that, I usually look for specific effects if I am stuck, and will search Youtube and vimeo, but I have noticed quality deteriorating on tutorials. I used to have more links, but they were on my older Celeron that died a few years ago... I have helped others troubleshoot some techniques here and there over the years too, as I have been doing non-linear video editing since the first generation systems (not AE specific, but translatable). I like to mix and match and experiment in my spare time too.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've played with AE very little. I use Premiere for everything. Just do a google search to find tutorials.

Here's the only video I've used it in. It's when the cat is looking at the magic flying dust.

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Out of Adobe's products, I've only ever used Photoshop and I'm not the best with that either. But I'd like to do more in the video and animation arena. So I'm taking a tour of the other products to see which ones I can use. Premiere is on my list. :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
The animation is great! I love the tagline, too.

We have a new animation section here in the forums. A few people have been posting. Animation is something I'd like to do more of as well.

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
The animation is great! I love the tagline, too.

We have a new animation section here in the forums. A few people have been posting. Animation is something I'd like to do more of as well.
Thanks! I'll look there too. Ever since Roosterteeth released RWBY using Poser, I've been dying to do some kind of animation with Poser. I figure if I practise at it with Product promos, then I might get enough skills to create a small short film. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
As we've had some new people asking about products that can be submitted, I wanted to add this info from a thread Lisa started in Early April.
  • We will no longer accept products that are made exclusively for Daz/Poser figures, however we will accept products that include versions for both the Daz/Poser figure AND one of our HiveWire figures.

• Note that the "other figures" MUST be current Daz/Poser figures. Current figures will generally be listed on the Submission page. At this time, they include Genesis 3 or 8 figures, and La Femme

• We will no longer accept Bryce products.

• We will still be accepting environments and props that are not figure specific.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm confused about the textures folders file structure.
I've always made my textures structure as "Textures:Faery_Light:such and such for Dawn"
Do I need to change it to "Textures:Hivewire 3D: Dawn:Faery_Light:such and such for Dawn"?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Definitely do NOT do that :). What you're doing is just right. Same structure for the Geometries/data folders as for Textures.

It's only the user facing files (ie the ones the customer will actually see in DAZ Studio or Poser) be placed in the same folder as the original vendor's product so that customers can find them easily. But not textures or geometry. Those SHOULD be in folders with YOUR name.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I sent a note off to Lisa, so when she gets here, she'll be able to check out why those links are to files that have been deleted.

I looked on the Store page, and don't see any "new" links, so I would assume those files should be there.