• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
I have a silly question. :) How much control do we have over our promo "images"? Being a programmer and someone who tends to over complicate stuff for myself ;), I was wondering: if I created some custom HTML 5 code that would create an interactive experience for the user to view the product, that fits within the main image promo space, is that something that can be used? Or can that be used as a Pop-up? Or should I stick to static images only? Thanks.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not a silly question :).

We're limited by our store's abilities. I know we can embed videos on the main page (via a link from vimeo or youtube), but I don't know if we can do other stuff, so I'd stick to that type of thing or still images and uncomplicate ;)

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Thanks. I'll see if I can do something with videos then. Does Hivewire have any logo stings for their videos that we can use as an intro?

D

Deleted member 325

Welcome Redspark.
I would like to advocate for older content - I use a lot of content in my 3D, and even very-very legacy content (non-poser OBJs circa the 90's) can be immensely useful in the right hands. I would suggest maybe noting product age so newer consumers are aware it may be a legacy product, but I would hate to see some great products left out just because of age. That's my 2 cents.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Kage, not sure if you saw the link in Lisa's post above ?

Redpark- we don't have any logo stings I'm aware of but I'll mention it when we Skype later today :)

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Ok. I got a little excited :) and put together a little Logo sting from an After Effects project that I purchased from Video Hive. I'm definitely not good with After Effects but I stumbled through modifying it. Let me know if you think it is ok. I think I may try to figure out how to change the lightning to green so that it is more in keeping with the logo colours. But if it is ok with you, I'd like to use this as a quick intro to any video I create for Hivewire. Thanks.

http://www.redsparkscreations.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/HiveWireLogo.mp4

It's only 2MB but my website is slow tonight. :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I personally think its awesome! But I think Chris and Lisa will have the final say. (Love the catch line LOL)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Fun stuff :)

Yes, as Rae said, any use of the HW logo needs to be approved by Chris & Lisa - they're gonna chat about this tomorrow. I've linked them to your above posts, Redspark.

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Thanks. No worries if they don’t like it. If they have suggestions to change it, let me know. I can change some basic stuff but I’m not competent enough in after effects to change the animations yet. :(

If they like it, I’d give it to Hivewire so that any content creator can use it.