• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just adding some stuff - maybe a bit is the same as things noted earlier

Very cool!
If you're planning to sell something at HW, here are some tips

The more things you do as WE do for the store, the faster your products will get through QAV and into your customers' hands. REMEMBER TO HAVE EVERYTHING FULLY BETA TESTED!!!

1-Please capitalize all official folders for the programs other than the data folder in DS). Linux has issues if they're different apparently
In general, be consistent in your capitalization

DS:
data
Animals
Environment
{etc)

Poser
\Runtime\
\Geometries\
\Libraries\Character\, \Materials\, \Pose\, \Props\, etc- all folders at this level
\Textures\

2-ReadMes go here:

\ReadMes\{CA Name}\
{Product Name} ReadMe.txt

Please use this ReadMe file structure in the linked file in the first post of this thread. I may edit/change some things, but having it in this format will speed things along.

3-Templates go here:

\Templates\{CA Name}\{Product Name}\
list files here

4- You don't need undercarriages in your file names.

5-We don't ALWAYS do this but typically we will have products end with "for {figure it's for}"
So something for Harry would likely be "{Product name} for the HiveWire Horse"

6-File Structure: In both Poser and DAZ Studio, you do want to place the USER FACING files (the ones the users will see) inside the folder for whatever figure it's for, and have separate folders in there for different Render Engines...so look at the original HiveWire Product.

Let's say you're doing a character for the HW Horse:

\Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\
\Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\Mats (or Materials)\Iray
\Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\Mats (or Materials)\3Delight

\Runtime\Libraries\Character\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\

\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\Firefly\
\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\Superfly\
\Runtime\Libraries\Materials\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\Firefly-Superfly\ (if you have combo materials that work for both)

\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\
\Runtime\Libraries\Props\HiveWire 3D Animals\HiveWireHorse\{CA name, if desired}\{Product name}\

We're not so concerned about the folder & file structure within the Poser Geometry and Texture file - yours look good as it's got your CA name and a folder ewithin for the product. Names in those folders should be unique so Poser doesn't find another file named the same.

Hope this is helpful :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a question. When doing images for background use, (photos, ect) that are meant to just be used in the enviro tab, etc. Do you have a preference as to how they are packaged? Also, do you prefer that they are set for say, Multiplane cyclorama or a plane, or something over just being .jpgs for use on any of those? Do you have a minimum size? (I know that they need to be big enough to work in the render). Thanks!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Most people just put background images in a folder with the Product name..some just have them loose in the main folder.

We haven't had any specific folder rules for those, as people tend to pick somewhere on their hard drive to keep them, and they can be brought into any program.

No size minimums

If they're hdr images, I think they have specific recommended sizes, and if they're for a specific product like Multiplane Cyclorama or some other thing like that, I'd look at where the original files are placed and follow that structure.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Have I mentioned before:

REMEMBER TO HAVE EVERYTHING FULLY BETA TESTED before submitting ;)

We are receiving a LOT of products recently, some from new CAs, but many from experienced CAs, that have issues which absolutely should have been caught in beta testing - I'm talking major pokethru in poses, missing files, path errors, Poser version errors.

This tells us that either they are not being beta tested or that the beta testers need better instruction on things to look for.

Please, if you submitting a product, make sure you have at least 2 people beta test (it's too easy for one person to miss things), and give the beta testers instructions on what to look for (and/or link them to the thread about beta testing here:
BETA TESTING - IMPORTANT for all Beta Test AND CA's to read!!

Thanks!!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to find the Blank for the ReadMes and the Contentcreator Kit, but all links I am clicking are broken. Where can I find those things?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Links on the first page of this thread are now all correct (2 of them were ok but not the full kit link).

Please let me know if you can't access them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I had no problem with the full kit and the PDF, but the Updated ReadMe gave me the following error message:

Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

I'm assuming that's because I'm not a CA?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Weird - I wasn't having trouble so not sure what the issue was there . Can you try again, please? I just changed the link.

Redspark

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Hi All,

I'm no longer at DAZ and I'd like to move to Hivewire. I've downloaded the CA product requirements from this thread and have been trying to follow them as best that I can but some of the products that I want to place here were made a long time ago in Poser years. For instance, one of my toon figures is named Chip. He has been released at RuntimeDNA and then at DAZ after the merge and now I'd like to move him and his supporting products here and release some new stuff for him. However, his runtime was designed on the old Pose Material not the MC6. I'm already working on new product images but I'd like to know if I need to convert all of his pose materials to MC6 before submitting him or is he acceptable the way his was originally created? Thanks.

R

PS: Also, I'm not familiar with Hivewire's community and owners. Can someone give me a quick rundown on who are the "big wigs"? :) Thanks.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Redspark and welcome to HiveWire !

Very exciting

We are actually working on a thread that will address a bunch of questions from wonderful folks like you planning to move older products over here - if you will bear with us, I'll link you to that as soon as it's live :).

The owners of HiveWire are Chris Creek (one of the founders of DAZ 3D and creator of the earlier Victoria & Michael figures (among others) and Lisa Buckalew (aka Lisa's Botanicals).

Thanks!!