• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise is shutting down

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True Ken, but you have quite a large store here, so you're already ahead of the game as you know exactly what's required for your products to be in the store. You're already used to taking those steps.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
True Ken, but you have quite a large store here, so you're already ahead of the game as you know exactly what's required for your products to be in the store. You're already used to taking those steps.

True, but knowing or not won't make it any less work. I will just do it over time because CP products were never QAV'ed, so it's not just redoing the promos and store materials. Not mentioning I loath making promos. LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some have commented in the forums here that they do enjoy making promos. NapalmArsenal has created some for Sanbie's "The Adventurer" for Dusk, and those were way better than what I would had done. I enjoy doing everything else, including tedious joint adjustments and JCMs, just not promos. :p

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I enjoy making promos. It's just that I rarely (only once) release a single product, so I always have SOOO many to do.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Does ANYONE enjoy making promos??? ;)
I prefer doing promos for other people, I guess its because when you're at the promo end of your own product you're a bit "over it" lol

So on that note, I'm happy to help with promos when I can :)

eclark1894

Visionary
If I were into promos, I'd be willing to create for a reasonable fee. In fact, I've often wondered why there are no vendors who specialize in helping other vendors get their products to the stores.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They do Earl (there's a couple of groups that I know of, one of them is my friend @TheArtisticHermit who does promo for Sympatico Studios) and they just do it in exchange for the product (which is what I've done in the past since I need the product to do the promos anyway lol).

eclark1894

Visionary
They do Earl (there's a couple of groups that I know of, one of them is my friend @TheArtisticHermit who does promo for Sympatico Studios) and they just do it in exchange for the product (which is what I've done in the past since I need the product to do the promos anyway lol).
Interesting as I've never heard of this. At least not beyond the confines of testers getting free products.

D

Deleted member 325

Does ANYONE enjoy making promos??? ;)
Sometimes...no...but every now and then...no...but on occasion, maybe, when the planets are in alignment, and the stars are right, and mighty Cthulhu stirs in the depths of Ryleh...no.

Though I have on occasion helped others with getting promos made - either through creative advice, or actual images.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Sympatico Studios has done some FB advertisement for some of my products by posting renders there. You provide the product and they post renders at FB. They have a number of artists to work on it, so the quality varies a lot depending on the person. Some people make better renders than others.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sympatico Studios has done some FB advertisement for some of my products by posting renders there. You provide the product and they post renders at FB. They have a number of artists to work on it, so the quality varies a lot depending on the person. Some people make better renders than others.
You have a link to prove this... fantasy?

D

Deleted member 325

When I still used Facebook I remember seeing renders from Sympatico Studios for a variety of artists and products. There were a couple of other "Promo Artists for Hire" but I do not know the specific details and can't remember their names anymore - I just remember seeing renders for multiple content authors products that ended up as promos.

I have always tried to do my own Promos, but as was said by Rae, once I get to the promo phase I am often so done with looking at a product.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When I still used Facebook I remember seeing renders from Sympatico Studios for a variety of artists and products. There were a couple of other "Promo Artists for Hire" but I do not know the specific details and can't remember their names anymore - I just remember seeing renders for multiple content authors products that ended up as promos.

I have always tried to do my own Promos, but as was said by Rae, once I get to the promo phase I am often so done with looking at a product.

Truth is that I don't use Facebook, and I don't know if those promos get any return in sales. Sympatico Studios have such a large list of renders that I couldn't find my own promos in that jungle even if I tried for a whole afternoon. I know I have a lot of traffic at DeviantArt, and I do some advertisement there that get hundreds of page hits everyday. And that leads to the other topic - I have a hard time trusting other people to do promos for me. I put a lot of love into my products, and it's the promos that sell them (or not).

I have only allowed other people to make promos for me ONCE, and NapalmArsenal did a wonderful job with it for "The Adventurer" for Dusk. But once I saw the quality fly up and down with Sympatico, I'd rather keep it in-house so I can control where I want things to go. I always test my products in personal renders for a while until I am convinced they are good to go. I take this time to create the promos, one at a time. By the time I finish testing, I already have my promos. :)

charliejudge

Inspired
I wonder if Content Paradise is really going to shut down on 12 November. I haven't seen any notices on the site itself. And a recent order I made says I have until 14 November (i.e. the full 30 days from my order) to download it. And I just got an email from CP that said one of my wishlist items would be on sale until the 18th of November

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! CP has emailed me today, telling me they have added the feature to allow vendors to download all of their products with a press of a button. I just did it, and it works fine. It ZIPs everything into a single file, organized by product. I only have 12 products there, so it wasn't a big file.

This takes me back to my very first Poser product, by a time when DS didn't exist, and the Poser thumbnails were RSR files (instead of PNG). That was in 2004 at Rendo, using Poser 3 from MetaCreations. I made this boy's school uniform for AnimeDoll that could double as an office attire, or casual clothing. I remember it became a bestseller for a couple of years at Rendo, because nobody was making clothing for male characters, so there was a big demand. It was the first Poser outfit I modeled, and also the first I sold. It was also the last male outfit I did in years, because I was enchanted with AnimeDoll, and dedicated my Rendo store to her alone.

If you are old enough, you might remember it.

GakenLife_Main.jpg

I wonder if Content Paradise is really going to shut down on 12 November. I haven't seen any notices on the site itself. And a recent order I made says I have until 14 November (i.e. the full 30 days from my order) to download it. And I just got an email from CP that said one of my wishlist items would be on sale until the 18th of November

The store will close, but the site will still exist. You just won't be able to buy from it anymore. They will probably replace the main page with closure page.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, nice they added that feature to download all your products at once. Only problem is when you have a lot of products in the store. Can you imagine having one single file if you have 50 or more products? I wouldn't want to think about it. :eek: