• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise is shutting down

M

Male-M3dia

I'm not so sure Dan completely left DAZ. I thought he did. But now, I wonder.
But it was Dan that pushed it all up and made a small mountain out of a crawdad tower in the first place. Dan DID all that I said by the time he 'sold it'. THAT occurred the same time that the Comptroller for the State of Texas required DAZ3D to begin collecting Texas State Sales Tax from Texans buying stuff there. That means that DAZ now has brick and mortar IN Texas. That other company they merged with? Yeah? Dan supposedly left then, right?

I'm going to pop in for a second because both you and Ken are totally being disrespectful to Chris and Lisa on **their** site constantly rehashing this DAZ/Poser nonsense. You do realize that they're selling their own figures here right and that's what really needs to be promoted? I'm not sure you all are getting what they're trying to do. It's almost been 10 years, and it's not really not the companies that are the cause of the split.. it's people that continue this 'feud' in threads like this and keep the wedge from healing.

As far as Dan Farr, yes, he's out of the 3D business. He has his FanX comicon in Salt Lake City, Utah that I had the opportunity to visit last month while visiting the DAZ HQ... which has NO presence in Texas. (Please stop spreading false info you know nothing of!) Dan found out that some PAs were interested in seeing his event (which some PAs visited last year) and he sent us free tickets to get in. That's the Poser/DAZ feud as far as he's concerned. And I had the opportunity to meet Dan after all these years with other PAs, and we took a group picture with Lou Ferrigno and Manu Bennett. Guess what, when he spoke about our section of the the market with fondness, he spoke of it as his OLD life. And he did not care about all this battling some of you still choose to do. It's time to let this go and move on. This is not healthy for you and the community at large. Again, be respectful of Chris and Lisa on **their** site.. they're putting money down for a place for you to be as well as buy products from their store, but I doubt they did it for posts like this. If you have a complaint on this subject after almost 10 years, it's probably best to go elsewhere and make a blog and make this site a place where people from different softwares can have common ground. I doubt they need this type of negativity; that's not the vision they had when they opened this site. Again, no one cares about this; let it go.

Also Ken, you really need to learn more about the DS software before you post false things. From the post you put about iclone, DS does have the denoiser in iray, but it's currently in the beta.

Good luck to your site and figures, Chris. I know in this market it's not easy to bring new figures and products to the market and be around for years. That says something.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Heavens to Betsy. Let me be so bold as to say we here all realize HiveWire sells its own figures on the HiveWire 3D site :wink: I'll even suspect Ken knows ... considering he's added an entire line of body shapes for Dawn that gives her even more flexibility.

Personally, I'd about given up when my content options became so limited elsewhere. Fortunately, HiveWire 3D released Dawn. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

I love my Dawn, Dusk, Luna, Harry & Foal & Unicorn, Big Cat & Cub, House Cat & Kitten, and Big Dog ... as well as everything else that has come out of the House of the Hive. As I will love all the other creations patiently awaiting release. (Pugsley! Pugsley! Pugsley!)

While it's sad Content Paradise is closing, I don't believe it ever had the impact on the market RDNA had. That was a huge loss. Even bigger was the loss of the RDNA forums and the massive amount of knowledge those forums held.

Anyhow ... end of my break. Nose back to the grindstone. So to speak. Only two hours into my workday and I'm exhausted! But that's to be expected when my workday begins at 6:30 am when it's still the middle of the night (and I'd only been able to fall sleep at 3 am).

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
"the House of the Hive", I like that.

Male M3dia, and others, thanks so much for chiming in and adding color to this conversation.

I'm glad you all have a voice, and a place to have a bit of a therapy session. But it is best to pull back the reins sometimes. We have Studio lovers and Poser lovers, and those that wish Poser was driving harder to have future success. We'll see. But hopefully we're all here to share our art and love for 3D in general. We wish Rendo well with taking on the contents from the CP store. That will be no easy task, to keep the cream and promote that.

I love and have a deep respect for my good friend and previous business partner Dan Farr. For over 14 years he and I worked together at Zygote then DAZ. He is where is wants to be with his FanX company, and he's thriving. He does still hold a stock interest in DAZ, but that is it. My stock in DAZ was cashed out years ago. I wish we had a better working relationship with DAZ, but seeing that we sell content as well, that is a challenge.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm still hoping Poser survives. Ironically, however, I'm going to learn how to rig figures like Dusk and Dawn in Blender for my Personal use. There's actually a growing industry of ready made assets for programs like Blender, and many of the features that I wish Poser would incorporate, Blender already does.

At one time, that was my plan as well - if Poser failed to work on my computer any longer I would go to Blender.

However, having dealt with the anti-vendor attitude of Blender users like Tony Vilters has changed my mind. I will NEVER touch Blender as long as people like him are part of that community.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I ignore Tony's attitude Traci, mostly because he does great video tutorials for Blender.

eclark1894

Visionary
Tony has helped me on occasion with a few Blender issues, but he is not my go to vendor guy. That would be Andrew Price of Blender Guru. But Andrew doesn't know anything about Poser or Studio. Otherwise I just ignore Tony.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true Earl. Others who do good Blender tutorials, and I have a long list in our Blender forum, don't include how to use other 3D software along side of Blender, so that is a plus. Andrew Price has a lot of great Blender videos, so not surprising he's your go-to guy for Blender knowledge.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm done ignoring people who treat others with such open disdain. 3D just isn't worth the feelings he engenders.
Well I've gotten to the point where I just read the "info" in his comments, and don't "see" the attitude anymore. I will admit it took a while to get to that point.

Anyway, I do have a long list of good Blender tutorials in our Blender forum here Traci, so avail yourself of them, and just skip over Tony's, which are in the list.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think anyone who is willing to get through Blender's unusual workflow should go for it. I have been using 3DSMAX for too long to change now, but I am still trying with Modo because of Poser/DS groups being incompatible with all Autodesk products. The only alternatives are Blender and Modo, where the prior is free and very capable of anything you can think of. I have heard that Lightwave is compatible too, but I haven't confirmed that one.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just double-checked, and I have Blender Stack Exchange in my list of Blender Forums. I've been there on several occasions as well.

Benjamin

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Sad news.... I just heard today and as a vendor there for over a decade it saddens me. I didn't get the email at all. If someone can forward it to me that would be easy. Have no clue if I can or want to transfer my items to Rendo, never liked their policies and horrible pricing rules at all. There's a huge chance my work as a vendor for over a decade will be lost. If anyone still wants it, perhaps now is the chance.....

I'd love to transfer it here, but I've got 100's of items......

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss B

CV-BEE
It would take time Benjamin, that's for sure, but don't count HiveWire out. Transferring them here, even only a few at a time, will be better than giving them up altogether.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sad news.... I just heard today and as a vendor there for over a decade it saddens me. I didn't get the email at all. If someone can forward it to me that would be easy. Have no clue if I can or want to transfer my items to Rendo, never liked their policies and horrible pricing rules at all. There's a huge chance my work as a vendor for over a decade will be lost. If anyone still wants it, perhaps now is the chance......

I'd love to transfer it here, but I've got 100's of items......
Well, I can't send you the email, but you can read SM's Blog on the matter. It's virtually the same as the email.
Smith Micro Announces New Strategic Partnership with Renderosity

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin

Inspired
Contributing Artist
It would take time Benjamin, that's for sure, but don't count HiveWire out. Transferring them here, even only a few at a time, will be better than giving them up altogether.

And redo over 500 renders because another store insists on a different format and renaming all items (we're talking about up to a 1000 items here) and folders, because a certain format is required and then repackaging and testing everything again? Thanks, but no thanks. I'm afraid this will be the final blow for me as a content creator and focus on my other endeavours all together.

Well, I can't send you the email, but you can read SM's Blog on the matter. It's virtually the same as the email.
Smith Micro Announces New Strategic Partnership with Renderosity

Thanks!

Another crazy thought ..... perhaps a 3rd party would like to buy me out :)

Last edited: